Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Parker
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Hey everybody, other than just being careful... what do you all do to protect your vehicle’s leather interior?

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Extremely good window tinting...as dark as legal. Plus, reflectix windshield cover. Once a year leather treatment rubbed in. I think it's lanolin based. Wish I could garage the GX but the wifes CRV and the RTT trailer take up that space. Also I plan to cut reflectix panels for both of the left side windows behind the driver and the right rear window. That way at work I can park where the sun will hit the side with the most protection. My '04 GX's leather is still in pretty good shape. So, fingers crossed.

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

I wish i took better care of my leather. It has cracks and such.
4 years old.

I do have some leather cleaner and protectant now, and might get covers, but they look terrible.

Dlnuckolls

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Shepherdsville, KY, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Nuckolls
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4WHV
leatherique rejuvinator rubbed into the leather quarterly keeps it in tip top shape. wish someone had done that with my rover a few decades back. :(
I use the same leather treatment oil that I use for my leather jacket and hat. It’s kept them all in great shape for almost 9 years thus far and they show almost no signs of real wear.

However, if they did ever wear out adding seat covers is inexpensive and will provide years more use out of the seats!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I put Wet Oakley seat cowers on mine. Easy to clean no mess no fuss, I wouldn’t use them in AZ. Last about a week. Much cooler too.