SOLD Interested in trading my CVT Mt. Rainier RTT for a hard shell RTT - what do you have?

• HTML tutorial

Have you considered trying a different RTT than the current setup?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am now

• I would never

• Total voters

overland.productions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Heath, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Rayne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5ENL
Have a RTT? Want to try something new? I am located in Dallas, TX. Willing to meet in the middle.

I have a CVT Mt. Rainier Extended Summit series tent in Gray. I have thoroughly enjoyed this RTT everywhere i've gone. I deployed it in the desert and the mountains and it just kicks ass. That being said it's my first RTT and I would love to try something new. I figure by the time I go through my first 3-4 RTT's I might start to understand what I want. A trade should be mutually beneficial. I'm not looking to run away with a smoking deal. I'm happy to chip in some cash if your setup has more value and vice versa.

I'm rocking the Jeep Wrangler with a Gobi rack so the hardshell RTT has to fit on that platform.

I have all the good stuff:
Annex room
Tub floor for annex room
It has stargazer rainfly windows
it has the custom fitted bedding set
3" CVT mattress with condensation mat underneath
It has LED light inside with USB charging ports - power cable included
This is the bad boy with the diamond plate floor
Extended means it hangs over the ladder
Summit series is the heavy duty 4 season material with 340 grams per square meter instead of standard 280
Size is 72x96 when opened. (king size mattress is 76x80 for comparison) 207lbs
It does have snow poles for the extended version to support rain/snow.
The ladder is telescoping, not folding.

Attachments

Last edited:

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

I also wanted to try different RTT's but was not as smart as you. I bought 3, still own 3, still maintain 3, but as everyone else in their right mind seems to know, you can only use one at a time!!

1. Tepui Ruggedized Series Kukenam 3 with annex (Grey/Dark Blue)
2. James Baroud Explorer Evolution with Tunnel Awning (no tunnel yet)
3. Freespirit Adventure Series 60"
4. Alu-Cab Shadow Awning with walls.

Shoot me a message some time and we can discuss trades or whatever you would like.

overland.productions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Heath, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Rayne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5ENL
I also wanted to try different RTT's but was not as smart as you. I bought 3, still own 3, still maintain 3, but as everyone else in their right mind seems to know, you can only use one at a time!!

1. Tepui Ruggedized Series Kukenam 3 with annex (Grey/Dark Blue)
2. James Baroud Explorer Evolution with Tunnel Awning (no tunnel yet)
3. Freespirit Adventure Series 60"
4. Alu-Cab Shadow Awning with walls.

Shoot me a message some time and we can discuss trades or whatever you would like.

Dude, your garage must be massive. I'm in total awe.

Which tent(s) have you mounted with the Alu-Cab awning? Which combination have you enjoyed most? I'm currently planning to pick up the Darche 270 (new design) at expo in May but this might work better.

I like the idea of a JB in my life. I might message you on that one and see if we can put together a deal.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Haha.... No awe involved, they are in my hangar at the Lancaster Airport. Lots of room.....
I currently have my JB on my Ruger Trailer and the others are not mounted on anything, including the Alu-Cab Awning.
The walls of the awning and the annex of the Tepui have never been out of their boxes. Was intending to use them as privacy rooms while camping around others but have not needed them yet. I could have used them at Expo West last year, "Festival Style Camping" means "on top of each other", but I didn't know what to expect.
All have their pros and cons so I'm still evaluating based on my wants/needs, I am not sure what direction I want to go yet.....
You are welcome to come down to my hangar to see each in person so you can have a better idea of what you might like.