US Northwest Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call - Planning / Leading your first trip

• HTML tutorial

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE

Okay, The map and calendar need something other than meet and greets and coffee gatherings.

The only way to do this is to have MEMBERS, yep, Members just like you to post Rally Points to actual trail rides and trips.
This is not hard to do folks. Call in and I will walk you through the process and give you that needed PUSH to actually do it.
This is how we grow our community.
This is how YOU meet new people.
This is how YOU get experience and grow your skills.

Call in information below.

U

UgotWheelz

Okay, The map and calendar need something other than meet and greets and coffee gatherings.

The only way to do this is to have MEMBERS, yep, Members just like you to post Rally Points to actual trail rides and trips.
This is not hard to do folks. Call in and I will walk you through the process and give you that needed PUSH to actually do it.
This is how we grow our community.
This is how YOU meet new people.
This is how YOU get experience and grow your skills.

Call in information below.

I gave up finding anything close to the Portland metropolitan area on the rally points there’s never anything there which is odd because the jeep clubs have hundreds of trail runs so why aren’t you being posted

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
"so why aren’t you being posted"
Was that a question?
Please join the call and let's talk about changing that?

-Steve

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I gave up finding anything close to the Portland metropolitan area on the rally points there’s never anything there which is odd because the jeep clubs have hundreds of trail runs so why aren’t you being posted
There is a biweekly trail run in Portland… get a hold of @jcgraves3 … they just did a run last Wednesday

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
@El-Dracho @Shahn Brown @OTH Overland this is going to be the same call I was going to try to do.
Thank you for the hint, Mike! I was in touch with Steve about that topic a couple of weeks ago and arranged a similar call for Europe. Where Steve also attended (thanks again). I will maybe dial into such a call in US one day, if you don't mind, to see how it works in the US and to learn that way.

Thank you.

Bjoern

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
There is a biweekly trail run in Portland… get a hold of @jcgraves3 … they just did a run last Wednesday
Hi Overland RS.. we have a monthly meetup in Portland where we encourage folks to hit the trails and set up rally points. We recently explored Bonnie Meadows, Lolo pass and Browns Camp. There are snow closures and fires closures (during the summer), so sometimes hard to nail down a rally point. There will be more rally points as we move closer summer.

Reactions: M Rose and KAIONE

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I agree that there are seemingly only meetups lately, but then we did go a long time with nothing on the calendar due to Covid, We have had good success in the NW corner of Washington with our sort-of-monthly meetups, each time we have folks show up who have been members for a while and never been to any events or active in any way. Several people have let us know that its intimidating for them to head off into the hills with a group of people they have never met. We now have a growing group of members who want to go on trips. and we will be setting up a couple of trips after the holidays to kick off the new year. Looking forward to Sundays online event, and hope that I can find out why Rally Point wont let me send out invites, and a couple of other issues it seems to have for me at least, Thank you Steve & Mike for putting it together.

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

Greenfield Township, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

I have the same problem out here on the east coast. There just doesn't seem to be much going on. Especially here in Pennsylvania. I made a couple of rigs and coffee events in New Jersey but I haven't seen anything in PA. I would love to call in to this but the time zone thing is an issue. It'll be pretty late here but the time you get started.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have the same problem out here on the east coast. There just doesn't seem to be much going on. Especially here in Pennsylvania. I made a couple of rigs and coffee events in New Jersey but I haven't seen anything in PA. I would love to call in to this but the time zone thing is an issue. It'll be pretty late here but the time you get started.
We understand the time zone thing. If you find yourself awake, you are more than welcome to join the call.

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Thank you for the hint, Mike! I was in touch with Steve about that topic a couple of weeks ago and arranged a similar call for Europe. Where Steve also attended (thanks again). I will maybe dial into such a call in US one day, if you don't mind, to see how it works in the US and to learn that way.

Thank you.

Bjoern
Bjoern,
You are always welcome to join in. There are international call-in numbers posted too.
Typically there is a call every 3rd Sunday of the month at 7:30 PM Pacific time.

-Steve

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thanks to Steve and all who attended today for the great meeting. It was a pleasure to be there. Considering the time zone difference it was a great start into the day - haha.

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve