Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I am new to all of this. When there is a fee, what does that cover. What do we do as far as cooking and food. Do we all chip in and cook together or are we on our own
Hi, and welcome! Most of the time, there aren’t any fees, we have camped at campgrounds where everyone paid for their own sites, and we stayed at a group campground where we divided up the fee among those who camped. As for the food, mainly it’s everyone doing their own. Hope to see you out there!

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Of all the trucks I've ever owned the 1st gen 4runner I had is the one I miss most. I think I have a bag of bolts for the hard top somewhere in my garage if you want them. When I sold mine it had an original Canback soft top on it and they left the bolts for the hard top.
I’ve wanted a 1985 4Runner since 1985! It’s my dream rig! That being said, it’s been more nightmare lately. It decided to die halfway up the trail to Coyote Flats, and needed to be towed down. That was better than any roller coaster ever! It’s still down, but it will e back, better than ever!

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
I’ve wanted a 1985 4Runner since 1985! It’s my dream rig! That being said, it’s been more nightmare lately. It decided to die halfway up the trail to Coyote Flats, and needed to be towed down. That was better than any roller coaster ever! It’s still down, but it will e back, better than ever!
That was the best year! Still has the solid axle but with the 22RE. Mine was the final year, 1989, with the 3.0L V6 and manual transmission. I was going to drop a 5.0 in it and convert to solid axles but I was young and didn't have that kind of money at the time (this was 20+ years ago). I sure wish I had it now!

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

The trail was so steep, I had to be the monkey in the middle, being towed from the front for the uphills, and the back on the downhills! Thankfully the people in this group are really amazing, and went out of their way to help get me off the mountain and back home. I’m very grateful. The tow truck was a different story, it took 4days, and half a dozen tow trucks to get the 4Runner home.

Attachments