First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Hey Guys
I'm going to Big Bear Sept 28-29. I'll most likely drive up Friday the 27th and find a yellow post and set up camp.
My main goal is......Relax, Eat, Drive around, sleep in the forest and whatever else pops up.
OH..if a few people show up, I have a new cobbler recipe to try. That will be Saturday evening.
I'm always open to suggestions, so if you want to see something, go somewhere up there, let me know.

As soon as it cools off, I'll be heading out to the desert a bunch. I need to plan my annual Mojave Road trip and death valley trip. I want to head out to Moab and parts of Arizona this season too.

Reactions: T-88

Adventure_Dad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Upland, CA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Hey Guys
I'm going to Big Bear Sept 28-29. I'll most likely drive up Friday the 27th and find a yellow post and set up camp.
My main goal is......Relax, Eat, Drive around, sleep in the forest and whatever else pops up.
OH..if a few people show up, I have a new cobbler recipe to try. That will be Saturday evening.
I'm always open to suggestions, so if you want to see something, go somewhere up there, let me know.

As soon as it cools off, I'll be heading out to the desert a bunch. I need to plan my annual Mojave Road trip and death valley trip. I want to head out to Moab and parts of Arizona this season too.
I might be able to travel up that weekend. I’ll keep you posted.

Reactions: smritte

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Bumping this.
If it keeps cooling off, I may turn this into a high desert trip. Any input?

Reactions: hidesertwheelin

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
still bouncing back and forth between desert and big bear.
Big bear: Nice, shade, forest. No campfire. Projected temp 68 day 30 night
Desert. bring shade, less people, Campfire. Projected temp 85 day, 68 night.
I will be heading out on a Friday (27th) Both are good for day runs if anyone wanted just that. Let me know if your interested.

Last edited:

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
still bouncing back and forth between desert and big bear.
Big bear: Nice, shade, forest. No campfire. Projected temp 68 day 30 night
Desert. bring shade, less people, Campfire. Projected temp 85 day, 68 night.
I will be heading out on a Friday (28th) Both are good for day runs if anyone wanted just that. Let me know if your interested.
Friday is the 27th, not 28th. Is that a problem?

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
It is the 3rd Saturday. Its been a while for me. I know of the spot from last fall in the parking lot.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
I know Dom said there will not be a meetup this month due to a lot of us going to the Overland Bound Rally at Shaver Lake, but anyone who wants to meet up this Saturday we will meet at the usual spot.

We will be meeting at 8 AM

Located in: Mission Grove Shopping Center
Address: E Alessandro Blvd, Riverside, CA 92508

Who will be there?

Reactions: T-88

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I need to check the forums more, I didn’t see this until too late, or I would have been there this morning. For those of us going to the rally next weekend, are we meeting somewhere and convoying up, or just meeting up there at the campground?

Reactions: Miller8152