Launch Member

Member I

Rialto, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Silva
Member #

hi guys I'm new to OB. I own an 96 FZJ80 and I was curious when you guys where gonna go out next? Also I'm going up to big bear this weekend for an over nighter and was curious on which trails to hit up by myself.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Hi and Welcome
Woot...another FJ80
If you've never been, stop by the discovery center on the north side of the lake. Grab a trail map. Most of the mountain is graded dirt roads. There are some trails ranging from mild to high clearance with lockers. The Gold Fever Trail is a self guided tour of Holcomb Valley. I would check that out. I don't know if the Discovery Center has a map of the Yellow Post sites but, those are free, first come primitive camps. The public campgrounds off the dirt roads fill up pretty quick and are nice to stay at. If you have a GPS, I should have the cords on all the Yellow Post sites up there. I don't think I would have time to put them together before the weekend though.

Adventure_Dad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Upland, CA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Scott
Member #

I’m free that Sunday/Monday? I’m good for a BigBear day run Trip? I just got a TJ and have been itching to take her out

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I may remote camp there sat/sun. I'll still be working nights so I can do a Saturday morning meet up as long as its not too early.
I'm thinking if we do Sunday, I'll cruise up Saturday, find a yellow post and just kick back the rest of the afternoon then meet up somewhere Sunday morning. A very good spot is when you first drive into Fawnskin, there's a triangle shaped parking area on the left across from the little market.

may be a good idea to see if they have a huge event going on there at the same time.

Last edited:

Adventure_Dad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Upland, CA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Scott
Member #

I may remote camp there sat/sun. I'll still be working nights so I can do a Saturday morning meet up as long as its not too early.
I'm thinking if we do Sunday, I'll cruise up Saturday, find a yellow post and just kick back the rest of the afternoon then meet up somewhere Sunday morning. A very good spot is when you first drive into Fawnskin, there's a triangle shaped parking area on the left across from the little market.

may be a good idea to see if they have a huge event going on there at the same time.
I work Saturday until midnight. But can head up there Sunday morning for a run?

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I may have to bow out for this weekend. Some things happened last weekend. Ill know tomorrow for sure. looks like I have another campfire story when this is over.

What's the saying? if it doesn't kill you..........

Reactions: Adventure_Dad

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Looks like I cant go. I'll be leading an overnight trip to big bear in a couple of week's. Ill post the dates tonight or tomorrow.
@Adventure_Dad
Is your new TJ modded or stock? If you never owned one, we should get together and I'll fill you in on things you want to upgrade and keep an eye on. I may also have some spare parts left over from mine.

Adventure_Dad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Upland, CA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Looks like I cant go. I'll be leading an overnight trip to big bear in a couple of week's. Ill post the dates tonight or tomorrow.
@Adventure_Dad
Is your new TJ modded or stock? If you never owned one, we should get together and I'll fill you in on things you want to upgrade and keep an eye on. I may also have some spare parts left over from mine.
That’s would be awesome! It’s slightly modified so far, simple lift with bigger tires. But I would love to pick your head on next modifications and such. Yes, first time jeep owner.IMG_7180.JPG

Reactions: smritte