Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

looks like you had a great time and great weather. How hot was it? Do any fishing?
The temp was great...wore long sleeve all weekend due to horseflies and mosquitoes...and no fishing. The hike was tough on flatlander, 6 miles or so round trip, glade I made it down on my own.

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

The temp was great...wore long sleeve all weekend due to horseflies and mosquitoes...and no fishing. The hike was tough on flatlander, 6 miles or so round trip, glade I made it down on my own.
Great to hear my brother....

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I destroyed my brakes on that trip, they were making horrible noises by the time I got home. It was totally worth it though, I can’t wait to get back out there!

Attachments

80_DeuceAdventures

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
First Name
Attila
Last Name
Iklady
Member #

New guy here. I am looking forward to making it for my first event with you all. Has a camp been selected and is everyone on there own for food and such? I would assume but dont want to be that guy..

Attila

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

New guy here. I am looking forward to making it for my first event with you all. Has a camp been selected and is everyone on there own for food and such? I would assume but dont want to be that guy..

Attila
Hello and Welcome, I still working on the camping. We may be yellow post camping on the top of Thomas Mountain. I will keep you posted.

Reactions: 80_DeuceAdventures

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I’ll be going out this weekend to scout the area. A lot of the trails are still closed due to last year’s fire and extra wet winter, but there should be plenty for us to explore. The area I’m thinking of has amethyst mines, Native American history and possibly a fire lookout tower. I’d prefer yellow post camping, Lake Hemet charges $45 a night for camping. I will find out about a group rate though.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Up in big bear the group campgrounds are around 110 a night. The nice thing about those is their not close to the noisy regular campgrounds.

Dominic OB0158

Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

map.jpg

Okay everyone...camping at Lake Hemet for groups. They will give us Group 5 Area ( see map above), up to 25 people for $200 per night...for two nights it would be $400 divided by let's say 10 drivers...it would be $40 for two nights. Each additional person is $8.00 per night. This is a family campground with boating (rental), fishing and swimming.

Please let me know if you are going?

romanchruszcz

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Roman
Last Name
Chruszcz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6YMK
Keeping it Local for August.

Aug. 17-18, 2019 - Night Run /Full Moon Run (Aug 15 Full moon) Camping at Lake Hemet / Leader: Brent

I'm looking into group camping at Lake Hemet Camp Ground — This is going to be a family-run if we can reserve group camping at the Lake. If not, we will shoot for primitive camping at yellow post sites on Thomas Mountain loop. Brent will scout the area and I will be gathering more information about camping at the campground to see if it's fee's able.

I will follow up with more details shortly. Stay tuned.

Dominic
Planning on being there

romanchruszcz

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Roman
Last Name
Chruszcz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6YMK
View attachment 110672

Okay everyone...camping at Lake Hemet for groups. They will give us Group 5 Area ( see map above), up to 25 people for $200 per night...for two nights it would be $400 divided by let's say 10 drivers...it would be $40 for two nights. Each additional person is $8.00 per night. This is a family campground with boating (rental), fishing and swimming.

Please let me know if you are going?
I am in Roman

Andrew Lopez

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Riverside, CA 92508, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Keeping it Local for August.

Aug. 17-18, 2019 - Night Run /Full Moon Run (Aug 15 Full moon) Camping at Lake Hemet / Leader: Brent

I'm looking into group camping at Lake Hemet Camp Ground — This is going to be a family-run if we can reserve group camping at the Lake. If not, we will shoot for primitive camping at yellow post sites on Thomas Mountain loop. Brent will scout the area and I will be gathering more information about camping at the campground to see if it's fee's able.

I will follow up with more details shortly. Stay tuned.

Dominic
We're in!