Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hello all and unfortunately Nicole and I won’t be able to make this trip we are taking a road trip up to Zion to check it out and we’re very excited haven’t been before so hopefully all goes well
Take good notes...maybe we can put that on the calendar for 2020 and you can lead the adventure. :) Have fun.

tbuck12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chula Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Buckley
Member #

Hello all and unfortunately Nicole and I won’t be able to make this trip we are taking a road trip up to Zion to check it out and we’re very excited haven’t been before so hopefully all goes well
My wife and I did that trip for new years... during the govt shut down....it was a winter wonderland! Have fun we will see u on the next one.

Jacob Cline

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Temecula, CA, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Cline
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Tan F150
At the far end, there's a place called the narrows. You have to walk in the stream quite a ways to get to it. The two times I went there, I didn't have a change of shoes to do it. They may or may not allow you to drive in. If they allow you, park at the bottom in the main parking and use the shuttles. The first time I went we drove all over and all the parking was taken. Second time we just grabbed a spot at the bottom and used shuttles. I have only done day trips there so I don't know the camping. There is a big lodge in there though. May be worth seeing if you can stay there.

That was one of my bucket list places. You will like it.

Scott
Thank you very much Scott and yep absolutely I’ve heard that’s a terrific hike to checkout! Plus the scenery is amazing!!

Jacob Cline

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Temecula, CA, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Cline
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Tan F150
My wife and I did that trip for new years... during the govt shut down....it was a winter wonderland! Have fun we will see u on the next one.
Yepp absolutely we are very excited and I can’t wait go someplace I’ve only seen in pictures

Jacob Cline

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Temecula, CA, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Cline
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Tan F150
Take good notes...maybe we can put that on the calendar for 2020 and you can lead the adventure. :) Have fun.
Yepp absolutely it would be my please to setup a trip there, I know it’s on a lot of people’s buckets list!! I definitely post up some pictures for the group

Reactions: T-88

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Saturday Morning @Mojavewanderer and I met in Baker and headed down to do some exploring around the Mojave Road. We Headed up to the New York Mountain range, exploring and looking for a place to camp. We stumbled on a spot around 5000 ft elevation. Green grass, Juniper trees, Joshua trees blooming and Pinion Pines. Broke camp late morning and explored our way back to Kel-Baker road and home. We found some cool things and some future camp spots. Weather was perfect. Mid 80's day to low 40's at night with a gentle breeze.

Camp spot looking over a valley.
Camp.jpg

View from the back of camp.

Camp2.jpg

Very good run. Cant wait to go back.
Scott

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Saturday Morning @Mojavewanderer and I met in Baker and headed down to do some exploring around the Mojave Road. We Headed up to the New York Mountain range, exploring and looking for a place to camp. We stumbled on a spot around 5000 ft elevation. Green grass, Juniper trees, Joshua trees blooming and Pinion Pines. Broke camp late morning and explored our way back to Kel-Baker road and home. We found some cool things and some future camp spots. Weather was perfect. Mid 80's day to low 40's at night with a gentle breeze.

View attachment 93630

View attachment 93631

Scott
What a fun weekend! The desert is beautiful right now. I’m ready to go back out there!

Attachments

T-88

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

CORONA
First Name
VINCENT
Last Name
T-88
Member #

View attachment 93630

View attachment 93631

Scott
That is awesome! Looks like you all had a great time out there![emoji111]️

Reactions: WrightRunner

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I have to back out of the trip. Had something pop up. See you all on the next one.

tbuck12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chula Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Buckley
Member #

Hello Everyone, hope this note finds you well.

We will be convoy up to Alabama Hills early morning Friday (Still working on the time).
Meet point: Pilot Travel Center at 395 and Joshua St.
34°24\'31.1\"N 117°23\'54.8\"W
34.408635, -117.398565

Can we get a head count for the 26th Alabama Hills run? And, also the time you will be joining us. A few guys will be heading up early Saturday morning.
Most guys are staying until Sunday morning.

Doug - Trail Run Leader
Dom
Cliff
Brent
Scott
George
xtrmoverland
Jacob Cline
What time are we meeting there?

tbuck12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chula Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Buckley
Member #

Hello Everyone, hope this note finds you well.

We will be convoy up to Alabama Hills early morning Friday (Still working on the time).
Meet point: Pilot Travel Center at 395 and Joshua St.
34°24\'31.1\"N 117°23\'54.8\"W
34.408635, -117.398565

Can we get a head count for the 26th Alabama Hills run? And, also the time you will be joining us. A few guys will be heading up early Saturday morning.
Most guys are staying until Sunday morning.

Doug - Trail Run Leader
Dom
Cliff
Brent
Scott
George
xtrmoverland
Jacob Cline
What time are we meeting there?

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Hey guys, I have decided to attend the Inland Empire 4 Wheelrs event in June. It is the Big Bear Forest Fest from June 14th through the 16th. It is held at the Snow Valley center and has several trail rides planned for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Here is the web page link for the club if you are interested:

This also means that I will probably not be going on any other camping trips that month, so I won't be leading the group up to Big Sur as some people were hoping. We'll see.

Cliff