Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hello Everyone, hope this note finds you well.

We will be convoy up to Alabama Hills early morning Friday (Still working on the time).
Meet point: Pilot Travel Center at 395 and Joshua St.
34°24'31.1"N 117°23'54.8"W
34.408635, -117.398565

Can we get a head count for the 26th Alabama Hills run? And, also the time you will be joining us. A few guys will be heading up early Saturday morning.
Most guys are staying until Sunday morning.

Doug - Trail Run Leader
Dom
Cliff
Brent
Scott
George
xtrmoverland
Jacob Cline

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I get off work at 3 on Friday. Could meet you somewhere then or on Saturday morning. If anyone else pop's in I will change it to Saturday morning only.

Scott
My schedule is really inconsistent, I’m off today, but working tomorrow. We can meet early Saturday in Baker or somewhere near there, if that works.

Reactions: Dominic OB0158

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

We will be convoy up to Alabama Hills early morning Friday (Still working on the time).
34.408635, -117.398565

Can we get a head count for the 26th Alabama Hills run? And, also the time you will be joining us. A few guys will be heading up early Saturday morning.

Doug - Trail Run Leader
Dom
Cliff
Brent
Scott
George
xtrmoverland
Jacob Cline
Is that George from TDS?

xtrmoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

34.408635, -117.398565

Doug - Trail Run Leader
Dom
Cliff
Brent
Scott
George
xtrmoverland
Jacob Cline
i will be convoying Friday

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI

34.408635, -117.398565

Doug - Trail Run Leader
Dom
Cliff
Brent
Scott
George
xtrmoverland
Jacob Cline

I'm working Friday till noon (ish). I should be heading out after I get off. Save me a spot.
Most of that area has little to no cell service. Do you have an area picked out yet?

Scott

Reactions: WrightRunner

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
My schedule is really inconsistent, I’m off today, but working tomorrow. We can meet early Saturday in Baker or somewhere near there, if that works.
Baker is fine. I haven't actually stopped there in years. If you have a meeting place that would be great. 8:30-9:00 good for you?

Scott

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Baker is fine. I haven't actually stopped there in years. If you have a meeting place that would be great. 8:30-9:00 good for you?

Scott
That works well for me. There is a spot maybe a mile south of Baker on Kelbaker Road where we could meet. It’s on the way to the Mojave Road, and away from the crowds. You’ll see my truck, it’s pretty noticeable. Or if you want to meet in town, I pretty much always top off my tank at the ARCO am/pm when I’m out there. See you Saturday morning!

Reactions: smritte

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
That works well for me. There is a spot maybe a mile south of Baker on Kelbaker Road where we could meet. It’s on the way to the Mojave Road, and away from the crowds. You’ll see my truck, it’s pretty noticeable. Or if you want to meet in town, I pretty much always top off my tank at the ARCO am/pm when I’m out there. See you Saturday morning!
I'll top off there and drive down Kelbaker. If I don't see you, ill head back towards baker some and sit.

Reactions: Mojavewanderer

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Never been there. So don't know till we get there.
When I camp there its off movie road. Up Whitney Portal a couple of miles and dirt road on right. There's a few hidden canyons that make great camp spots and sometimes you have to go a ways back to get a good spot. All the camping in that whole area fills up quick but, I've always found something. Because of the topography, the whole area has poor radio communication for any real distance and very spotty cell. You want to post a ham and CB frequency and have people monitoring for the ones not caravaning as well as drive back a ways once you make camp to post the area coord's on here.

That whole area is really nice this time of year too.

Last edited:

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

When I camp there its off movie road. Up Whitney Portal acouple of miles and dirt road on right. Theres a few hidden canyons that make great camp spots and sometimes you have to go a ways back to get a good spot. All the camping in that whole area fills up quick but, I've always found something. Because of the topography, the whole area has poor radio communication for any real distance and very spotty cell. You want to post a ham and CB frequency and have people monitoring for the ones not caravaning as well as drive back a ways once you make camp post the area coord's on here.

That whole area is really nice this time of year too.
Thank you awesome!

Jacob Cline

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Temecula, CA, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Cline
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Tan F150

34.408635, -117.398565

Doug - Trail Run Leader
Dom
Cliff
Brent
Scott
George
xtrmoverland
Jacob Cline
Hello all and unfortunately Nicole and I won’t be able to make this trip we are taking a road trip up to Zion to check it out and we’re very excited haven’t been before so hopefully all goes well

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Hello all and unfortunately Nicole and I won’t be able to make this trip we are taking a road trip up to Zion to check it out and we’re very excited haven’t been before so hopefully all goes well
At the far end, there's a place called the narrows. You have to walk in the stream quite a ways to get to it. The two times I went there, I didn't have a change of shoes to do it. They may or may not allow you to drive in. If they allow you, park at the bottom in the main parking and use the shuttles. The first time I went we drove all over and all the parking was taken. Second time we just grabbed a spot at the bottom and used shuttles. I have only done day trips there so I don't know the camping. There is a big lodge in there though. May be worth seeing if you can stay there.

That was one of my bucket list places. You will like it.

Scott