Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Upland, CA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Anyone have the info on this Saturday's Big Bear run?
For some reason there is another page that’s the active one. But here is the info:

Big Bear here we come!
The pre-ride today was great. Lots of snow.
Here is the info. for this month's ride on Saturday the 16th.
We will meet at the McDonalds at the I-15 and Highway 138 at 8:30 AM. And at 9:00 AM we will drive on Highway 138 east to Apple Valley and then go up 3N14 Coxey Truck Trail to Fawnskin. It will be 28 miles of 4x4 snow trail.
See you all Saturday.
Cliff

Johnny Walker

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Riverside, CA
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
Walker
Member #

For some reason there is another page that’s the active one. But here is the info:

Big Bear here we come!
The pre-ride today was great. Lots of snow.
Here is the info. for this month's ride on Saturday the 16th.
We will meet at the McDonalds at the I-15 and Highway 138 at 8:30 AM. And at 9:00 AM we will drive on Highway 138 east to Apple Valley and then go up 3N14 Coxey Truck Trail to Fawnskin. It will be 28 miles of 4x4 snow trail.
See you all Saturday.
Cliff
Ths

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I'm hoping to make it, pulled a muscle in my back Saturday. That will be all that keeps me home.

Scott

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hello Everyone,

FYI, "Baloo" my jeep is still in the shop, hopefully he we be home tomorrow or first of the week. This week is CIF Wrestling Championships, we 4 boys and 7 girls moving forward. Next week is Masters, yet I should be able to make on Saturday...I'm really looking forward to hitting the trail with everyone.

Cliff, thanks for taking the lead on this months run.

Also, March is
57th TDS Desert Safari on March 1 – 3, 2019
https://tdsdesertsafari.com/

I'm planning on going out on Thursday to find a spot. I keep everyone posted as we get closer to the event.

Dominic
Ill be there on Friday some time in the AM

Adventure_Dad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Upland, CA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Can't wait for the Big Bear Run! Regarding snow chains do we need them?
When we went up to pre-run it we didn’t use any, but all three of us had snow tires. In the city, they require chains or 4wd w/ snow tires.
Doesn’t hurt to have them just Incase

DannyR53

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Upland, CA, USA
Member #

Thanks! I'm running Falken Wildpeaks hopefully I wouldn't need chains? I will pick up a set later on today. Are you guys using CB radios?

ALPHA_H3T

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

When we went up to pre-run it we didn’t use any, but all three of us had snow tires. In the city, they require chains or 4wd w/ snow tires.
Doesn’t hurt to have them just Incase
Oh great, anyone know where I can get 37" chains last minute?

I do have General Grabber ATX tires that have the 3 peak snow rating, but from what I understand, sometimes they require chains on top of 4x4 and snow rated tires, is that right?

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Oh great, anyone know where I can get 37" chains last minute?

I do have General Grabber ATX tires that have the 3 peak snow rating, but from what I understand, sometimes they require chains on top of 4x4 and snow rated tires, is that right?
I've gotten by with just throwing some cheap chains I got from the thrift store in my truck. They have only asked to see them, but have nave made me put them on.