First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Ram
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
2004 Toyota 4Runner.

currently i have a cargo rack up there i picked up for $100, however I'm in need of a durable badass roof rack that is a lot larger and has spot for my new lights to be mounted. looking to spend under $500 if possible. ya'll have any ideas or advice for me? any racks you guys use and highly approve of? anything would help!

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Have a pic of your current setup?
And, what lights you're wanting to mount?

Dally

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Missoula County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Ram
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Have a pic of your current setup?
And, what lights you're wanting to mount?

don't have a current pic but i can get one posted here soon. Ive got a 40" curved led rough country light bar needed to get mounted to the rack as well as 4 led light cubes (4" by 4"). id also like to put a rooftop tent eventually.

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

To find one specifically made for that rig for $500 or under may be difficult. You will want one that is flat, or has removable sides to accommodate the RTT. I am a Jeep guy so i don't know a whole lot about the accessory market for Toyota. But, I am sure someone will come along shortly and give you some options!

Dally

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Ram
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
To find one specifically made for that rig for $500 or under may be difficult. You will want one that is flat, or has removable sides to accommodate the RTT. I am a Jeep guy so i don't know a whole lot about the accessory market for Toyota. But, I am sure someone will come along shortly and give you some options!
Hey i appreciate the input brother! anything helps youknow?

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Like I'm learning from some of my post and questions. This is a place. You get what you pay for. You're gonna abuse the roof rack, don't go cheap. Save. Any decent roofrack is 800 or more. Especially if youre going to put an RTT on it.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Dally

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Like I'm learning from some of my post and questions. This is a place. You get what you pay for. You're gonna abuse the roof rack, don't go cheap. Save. Any decent roofrack is 800 or more. Especially if youre going to put an RTT on it.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

Going cheap has bit me in the ass, personally. I am on my 3rd roof rack because I bought cheap and it either didn't fit right or didn't hold up. I'd advise to save a bit longer and get a good, durable roof rack!

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

For about 850 or so you can get a PrinSu. But expect to wait for it. I think his racks are the best looking out there for the 4th Gen 4runners. Mine is on order.. hope to get it by the end of April.

Dally

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Ram
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Or, if you have to get on now- find a local fabricator and see what he would charge to weld one up for you.
Thinking i might go ARB, they seem to be the best for a decent price from what I've found. however in the mean time I'm going to check some local fab shops in town and see if they can make something for me. I do know how to weld and have everything i need to build one using square tube haha don't really have anything to bend steel tubing though. chances are ill go with the ARB one honestly. thank ya'll for all the advice!

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

2004 Toyota 4Runner.

currently i have a cargo rack up there i picked up for $100, however I'm in need of a durable badass roof rack that is a lot larger and has spot for my new lights to be mounted. looking to spend under $500 if possible. ya'll have any ideas or advice for me? any racks you guys use and highly approve of? anything would help!
bought this on amazon for $169.00

Sent from my SM-G920T using OB Talk mobile app