In Cab Winch Controller

• HTML tutorial

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
Anyone wire or know someone that has wired an in cab winch controller up? Looking to utilize OTRATTW switches to make it happen.

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Anyone wire or know someone that has wired an in cab winch controller up? Looking to utilize OTRATTW switches to make it happen.
Warn used to make those but they didn’t seem to be that popular. Probably because you have to be in the vehicle which isn’t very convenient especially when winding the line up when putting it away and when you need to be out of the vehicle especially when winching someone else out of something. Both controls inside and out would be good, but tossing the cable over the hood and through the window is pretty easy when you need to be in the seat while winching. You might be able to find one on eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

I wheel with a guy that extended the controller plug into the cab of his truck. He could just plug in the stock controller inside and use the controller, or lay the cable across the hood and run the winch from the front too if he had to.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Have a friend that purchased a wireless remote for both his jeeps. Only problem was both transmitters were on the same frequency.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Have a friend that purchased a wireless remote for both his jeeps. Only problem was both transmitters were on the same frequency.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app
Wireless would be nice, especially since you could use it in or out of the cab and sometimes the safest place to be might be further away than the cable length and still be able to unplug it and plug the wired remote in if/when it fails.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

4S50

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Stef
On a previous Jeep I moved the Warn solenoid pack under the hood and ran the wiring for the controller plug to the dash. The Warn remote cord was long enough to easily reach the winch. I have not wired my current winch this way because it has the integrated solenoid so.