Launch Member

Influencer I

Long Island, Ny
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Rom
Member #

lets just say you find a trail and its pretty bad(mind the fact i live in long island ny, where every trail is not technically for the public) any way to get in touch with DEC to ask for permission to go onto a trail and do a trail clean up, for uncase fire departments or police needs to get into those trails? im just wondering it popped in my head

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
lets just say you find a trail and its pretty bad(mind the fact i live in long island ny, where every trail is not technically for the public) any way to get in touch with DEC to ask for permission to go onto a trail and do a trail clean up, for uncase fire departments or police needs to get into those trails? im just wondering it popped in my head
Iv done that before but with my local pd. It was technically a town park that has hiking trails. Over the year they got widened by vehicles. But they do get used occasionally by the local pd for searches and whatnot. I called them up and asked if I could drive down it to clean up some garbage and whatnot that people have left. I was told I can certainly do that but I must walk. They didn’t want me driving back there. So I guess your response to asking could differ greatly depending on where you are and who owns the property

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Louie559

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Long Island, Ny
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Rom
Member #

Iv done that before but with my local pd. It was technically a town park that has hiking trails. Over the year they got widened by vehicles. But they do get used occasionally by the local pd for searches and whatnot. I called them up and asked if I could drive down it to clean up some garbage and whatnot that people have left. I was told I can certainly do that but I must walk. They didn’t want me driving back there. So I guess your response to asking could differ greatly depending on where you are and who owns the property

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
thanks for you input it helps out alot