Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Connecticut, USA
First Name
EdamdKim
Last Name
Simonz
Member #

The wife and I are doing our first long overland adventure to see family in VA. Will be passing through TN and the Smokey Mt areas for sure. Any ideas on great places to camp via RTT, especially with a terrific view along that area or along the general route traveling NE please let me know! Thank you advance for any tips, or advice, information on campsites, trails that should not be missed etc!

Pirate75

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Statesville, North Carolina
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Grimes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RWT
May look at some of the Georgia Traverse? Runs N. GA..then you can go north through the mountains and hit Hurricane Creek/Max Patch in Western NC..Old NC105 runs along the Gorge and falls near Linville,NC free camping overlooking the Gorge(1st come).Lots of attractions once you hit the mountains!

Reactions: justjames

TalonTheToyota

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Connecticut, USA
First Name
EdamdKim
Last Name
Simonz
Member #

May look at some of the Georgia Traverse? Runs N. GA..then you can go north through the mountains and hit Hurricane Creek/Max Patch in Western NC..Old NC105 runs along the Gorge and falls near Linville,NC free camping overlooking the Gorge(1st come).Lots of attractions once you hit the mountains!
So nice of you, super grateful! Wonder if anyone has any gaia gps files for that

Pirate75

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Statesville, North Carolina
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Grimes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RWT
I believe I saw somewhere it was mapped on Gaia but can’t remember where it is..Go to Facebook and search the group North Georgia Overlanders. I am sure someone there may can be of assistance. I am trying to actually find some way and ride with them sometime..Good luck!

Reactions: TalonTheToyota