Ideas for water carrying solutions and storage boxes

• HTML tutorial

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

just setting up my landcruiser 120 for travelling next year and looking for ideas for carrying water and storage boxes. I have sourced a drawer system with fridge slider on it and want something to fit down other side fridge as this will take up half the space on top of drawers. Also considering a water bladder as well maybe a small tank. I want to keep weight down as my truck is standard suspension and springs. Their is only myself and the girlfriend travelling most of the time which helps with weight. Occasional we have our youngest son with us , so need to keep three seats free. A nice strong stackable system would be good. But trying to keep costs down too. As I am having to kit out the whole car for the trip and a lot of money has to be spent. Just want to minimise the out lay were possible. Looked at the msr bladders..10 Ltl...and front runner ones...27ltrs...but can’t really find anything else...as for boxes , I know about the wolf ones and their issues but not sure of any others. Any ideas would be great..

Reactions: CTDiscovery

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

Well got a water tank and storage boxes sorted.boab 50 Ltd water tank fits behind the rear seat fits the contour of the seat. I opted for really useful boxes for storage on top of my drawers.got the 48 Ltd ones which is a nice snug fit between fridge and side of car. The water tank has arrived and fitted . Just waiting for the storage boxes...be here this week..put every in and check if my measuring skills have worked...lol

Des

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

OR
just setting up my landcruiser 120 for travelling next year and looking for ideas for carrying water and storage boxes. I have sourced a drawer system with fridge slider on it and want something to fit down other side fridge as this will take up half the space on top of drawers. Also considering a water bladder as well maybe a small tank. I want to keep weight down as my truck is standard suspension and springs. Their is only myself and the girlfriend travelling most of the time which helps with weight. Occasional we have our youngest son with us , so need to keep three seats free. A nice strong stackable system would be good. But trying to keep costs down too. As I am having to kit out the whole car for the trip and a lot of money has to be spent. Just want to minimise the out lay were possible. Looked at the msr bladders..10 Ltl...and front runner ones...27ltrs...but can’t really find anything else...as for boxes , I know about the wolf ones and their issues but not sure of any others. Any ideas would be great..
NAUTOS - check them out for the bladders they sell. Pretty stout!

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Just bought some boxes from costco they come in three sizes look and feel tough ,
Ill get some photos up. £8, 99 for the 27 gallon size. Great value.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

Well my water tank is built and tested...all is good and I am very happy. Just drying it out and reinstall. Got the really useful boxes fitted and they fit perfect. Their multiple options in sizes where perfect and got four 48 Ltd boxes for now which fit perfect in back. I am very happy with every thing so far. The drawer system fitted and work a treat...built the side wings for filling in the back and sides of drawers and added carpet to blend in. Fitted my portable compressor, recovery gear and first aid kit. My storage system for back of seats is fitted too and fire extinguisher fitted too. All my tools in and most of the spare parts sorted. Not got everything yet but getting their. Fridge installed which I had already and bought a mountain tent which will be used as bedroom only but I can use when travelling on my motorbike as well...so dual use. Lots of auxiliary parts and camping gear we had already...just need to check. Bought a larger camp table which folds away small. Just need a check list to make sure I have everything...I think another 2/3 months and should have everything installed and ready to go..
I have had to hold off buying bumpers and winch and roof rack, just can’t afford them yet...maybe next year.

To do list and things left to buy...

Bought snorkel and breather kit...just need to be installed
Bought auxiliary electrical system and batteries....partially installed, just needs completing.
Need to fit arb awning and awning room and fitting kit...next job this will be.
Fitting my large top box for added storage...already had this just need to fit.
Buy ome springs and suspension...next item to buy and install...
After all these things are done we will just need personal items,food and etc...

Will post some pictures when I have done and you can ask any questions you may have.