• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Charleston, Illinois, United States
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
P
Member #

My GF, two dogs and I are moving out of our apartment into our 2 Overland rigs and finished 6×12 Enclosed OL Trailer full time. We've been looking at getting 2 63 quart ICECO chests (one fridge one freezer) how do these hold up to constant use? Has anyone had issues with them?

DougO

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Kokomo, IN, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Obenchain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9NWN
I can not answer your complete question on that but the compressor's SECOP ( formally Danfoss ) have been around for years. In the years that I worked refrigeration I never had to replace many Danfoss compressors. They were/are used by Mercedes etc. Now there is a newer plant in China but are still made in Europe. It is good that there is US based support. But for what it's worth ICECO is on my buy list hopefully yet this month, not saying that Dometic or ARB are not good units as they very much are but when you have a limited income ( retirement ) the ICECO price point looks good to me along with the reviews I have read and looked at. Hope this helps as not confusing. Good adventures to you folks, travel safe

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
I've been using 2 ICECO fridge/freezers for a couple of years now. I haven't had any problems at all with either of them. I'd buy another with no hesitation.

The compressors have a 5 year warranty on them not 1 year like most of the other ones.

SgtMac

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, AZ 85747, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
McGuire
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Ret.
Discount Code CHRISTMAS seems to still work for 15%

Just Ordered a VL45ProS

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

We have an Iceco Dual 63 Quart, Small Problems Plastic Strap that holds door up Broke, Iceco sent two new one's & the 12 Volt Plug in Broke we just Bought two new one's. The Iceco is Perfect and we have had it for 2 years

Reactions: SgtMac

NorCalRam

Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Barlage
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MEU
Service Branch
Army
I have the single zone 63 qt ICECO fridge and it has been holding 36-38 degrees keeping the beers cold out in direct sunlight, by the pool in Austin, TX since March. It has held up amazingly with out issue. Had a small dent when I got it through Amazon so I complained a bit and ICECO sent me the big mug and a bunch of ice packs. No complaints from me.

Reactions: SgtMac

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
My GF, two dogs and I are moving out of our apartment into our 2 Overland rigs and finished 6×12 Enclosed OL Trailer full time. We've been looking at getting 2 63 quart ICECO chests (one fridge one freezer) how do these hold up to constant use? Has anyone had issues with them?
I have a JP30 in my truck hooked to it's own agm 12 volt battery. It hasn't missed a lick yet in a year. Love it.