Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
After viewing these threads about all the awesome trailers out there and the multitude of options, benefits, pitfalls downsides, upsides, of all of them I am of the conclusion really there are no bad ones it’s how you treat them use them and take care of them just like any other tool harbor freight to snap on. I have decided I better concentrate on my next rig before I start worrying about the trailer I put behind it. I have a tendency to put the cart before the horse. In this case though I think it has got to work in tandem to a point. My horse in this case a mid size SUV most likely so I am eliminating any full size trailer. No back to the point I have to find what horse is going to pull the cart. Thanks everyone

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Agreed. I've been learning about trailers but I've put them on the backburner for at least a year. Before I started this overlanding thing I was going to go the RV route. When that changed I still keep trailers on the mind but I need to spend more time on the road and trail before I worry about a trailer.

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
It’s easy for me to start jumping all over from issue to issue when it is something I enjoy. I really have to remember one thing at a time. Today I am going to try and concentrate on my rig and mapping a Overland route from the Nevada/Utah border near Panaca Nv to Panguitch Utah.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I have decided I better concentrate on my next rig before I start worrying about the trailer I put behind it.
A few points.

Depending on yer income, it might be more affordable to build the trailer first, before getting that vehicle loan.
Unless you know what the trailer will weigh, fully loaded, not just the empty weight, you might pick a vehicle incapable of towing the trailer.
IF you are buying, not building, why not do them together? Unless you need the SUV today, get them both and start camping from day one.

There are some incredible buys for SUV/Trailer packages on the used market.
People who have either out grown it, or made a mistake and just want out.

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
A few points.

Depending on yer income, it might be more affordable to build the trailer first, before getting that vehicle loan.
Unless you know what the trailer will weigh, fully loaded, not just the empty weight, you might pick a vehicle incapable of towing the trailer.
IF you are buying, not building, why not do them together? Unless you need the SUV today, get them both and start camping from day one.

There are some incredible buys for SUV/Trailer packages on the used market.
People who have either out grown it, or made a mistake and just want out.
Oh I am not getting a vehicle loan I am buying out right all that means to me is that it’s a little older. As far as a package/bundle it would really depend on what each part of the combo is. No even at that I have figured out what vehicle I am getting and I am not settling I know what I want I know what I am expecting so it’s a matter of finding it