I found the best camping spot in Kentucky!

• HTML tutorial

Revere

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, Kentucky
Member #

UPDATE: They closed this area due to vandalism. I don't log on here often, so won't reply to messages about the DBBB. I'm very active on a Kentucky based Overland group on Facebook, which is a good way to find out more about local trail conditions.

Last weekend a buddy and I went to a beautiful camping spot just off the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway. The view was great, and there was a cool bridge to cross right before getting there. We made sure the Jeeps were in park, the hand brake was set, and we used large rocks under the wheels!

DBBB route information is at Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway | CartoTracks

The video showing some of the route, the bridge, and some drone footage is here:

Last edited:

black pearl 17

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

calgary, alberta, canada
First Name
christian
Last Name
scagliati
Member #

Last weekend a buddy and I went to a beautiful camping spot just off the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway. The view was great, and there was a cool bridge to cross right before getting there. We made sure the Jeeps were in park, the hand brake was set, and we used large rocks under the wheels!

DBBB route information is at https://www.cartotracks.com/daniel_boone_backcountry_byway

I can PM exact campsite location information to members!

The video showing some of the route, the bridge, and some drone footage is here:

(I hope you're ok with YouTube videos being shared here).
Nailed it.!! [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using OB Talk mobile app

amp

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Floyds Knobs, Indiana
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Pittelko
Member #

I would also love to have this location!

Also, is there a group that you normally ride with? I am in the Southern Indiana/Louisville area.
Any suggestions?
thx
Tony

Last edited:
Reactions: Revere

Sierrahotel83

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Shrock
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4HVZ
Thy spot looks awesome, I am always amazed how many places there are within an hour or two of where I live and I have lived in this state for 20+ years

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

craigR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mt Dora, FL
Member #

Wow, that IS an amazing spot. Being born and raised in KY, I can say you definitely found a gem. Looking forward to watching the video when I get a chance tonight.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Sierrahotel83

Dao_josh

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greensburg PA
Member #

I just started planning my trip for next year here! This just gets me even more excited! Awesome video and awesome pictures!! Thank you for posting this! What is your YouTube channel? Would love to fallow you if I don't already! Thanks again @WindyBadger

Sent from my Z981 using OB Talk mobile app

Revere

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, Kentucky
Member #

I just started planning my trip for next year here! This just gets me even more excited! Awesome video and awesome pictures!! Thank you for posting this! What is your YouTube channel? Would love to fallow you if I don't already! Thanks again @WindyBadger

Sent from my Z981 using OB Talk mobile app
Thanks for the feedback! The channel is Revere Overland.

Revere

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, Kentucky
Member #

Sologeek

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

PACNW

DBBB route information is at https://www.cartotracks.com/daniel_boone_backcountry_byway

I can PM exact campsite location information to members!

(I hope you're ok with YouTube videos being shared here).
Wow, beautiful country and that camping spot looks awesome.

Upanovr

Rank 0

Traveler I

I have trip planned for this weekend to the DBBB as well. I'll be showing a new Jeeper around. I have been to the spot in that video but didn't map that trip. I'm planning on trying to find it again and would appreciate the location. I'm the one that commented on the bridge condition on youtube. Hopefully we'll cross paths saturday. Planning on starting on mountain spring and heading to old fincastle. Enjoy your trip!

ericmcduffie

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Marietta
First Name
Eric
Last Name
McDuffie
Member #

that camp spot must be epic! I think I will go to DBBB at end weekend of this coming March for 3 days overlanding. I hope I can find that spot.