Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
You are so fortunate. I'm trying to figure out how to pay for one. I thought all I needed was an ice chest but the more I start planning trips, the more I can see this is better than ice. Taking a medium soft chest full of ice isn't a bad ideal but i love that I can bring more variety of food with a fridge. It's no longer on my frivolous list as it has moved to the necessary list.

Reactions: Smokey_Bear_JLUR

4runnerteq

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Jackie
Last Name
Barker
Congrats. Bought an ARB fridge last month for the teardrop. So much better than messing around with ice. Still have the cooler for inside the 4runner, but if budget ever permits there will be a fridge there too.

Reactions: Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
Well, six months of living with the ARB and I must admit- it is, hands down, my most favorite modification on the Jeep. I was truly worried about running this daily without a dual battery set-up, and I couldn't have been any more wrong. The digital thermostat and auto shut off feature has been spot on. My rig is my daily, and I leave the ARB on at all times. Never once have I had a battery issue. And the best part? No more nasty, slimy ice! My daughters and I have loaded it up, multiple times, with drinks, lunch, etc. We love having it back there, working silently to keep our food chilled. Best. Fridge. Ever.

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
You are so fortunate. I'm trying to figure out how to pay for one.
I took an old cigar box and put any extra $5's, $10's, $20's or even $1's in it when I had them. It took a while but I had most of the money saved by the time I found a good deal on the one I wanted.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I like my 53 qt Costway Fridge so much I'm planning on getting a smaller, maybe 20 qt one that i can use just as a freezer. This way I can have ice for drinks and keep meats frozen that are going to be used for a few days on longer trips.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Overcruiser80

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Marysville Township, MN, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lee
Member #

I like the idea of a smaller one for a freezer, I am limited with size with my drawer system and have been trying to figure out the best option before investing. My wife loves her ice!

Reactions: 64Trvlr

eharris2

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Cañon City, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Harris
Member #

I saved my hard earned pennies and bought a National Luna 60, fridge freezer. Tires, suspension, and that fridge are my top mods so far. I love dry cold food and no ice. My wife loves ice cream on a hot summer night.

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I want a fridge so badly, but it's hard to justify to the wife after I convinced here I needed the Yeti(s)!