I am sad.

• HTML tutorial

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

It has only been on here for 3 months, it was my last one (gave them all away)

Did I get an older version? I know @Michael said some of the originals faded easily, but that's not the issue here :-(

It's hard to see, but the edges are curling up all the way around the decal.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
It has only been on here for 3 months, it was my last one (gave them all away)

Did I get an older version? I know @Michael said some of the originals faded easily, but that's not the issue here :-(

It's hard to see, but the edges are curling up all the way around the decal.
We'll send you some more @maktruk ! Let us know how the new ones do!

E

expeditionnorth

the surface is textured & it appears all those decals are starting to peel off sadly

Reactions: ASNOBODY

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Nope. The BBR maybe but that's been there for 8 years. Lifestyle Off-road and 410 Overland look like factory and they went on same time as OB.

Despite the texture, it takes decals very well. I clean and degrease every spot I label, and never had one curl like this. :-(

I want to just wrap the thing. There's a guy with a sign shop in SF that owes me a favor, wonder if an OB wrap is gonna go down.

Reactions: Robby

Wooks

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Member #

Same thing happening with me on the white stickers. The yellow one (put on at same time) is doing fine.

Also no need to mail, just wanted to let y'all know it seems it isn't isolated to maktruk

Reactions: Michael

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Trailer got pressure washed Saturday. I actively tried to get the emblem to peel back, out of some morbid curiosity.

Didn't work, only the edges have peeled, and it appears they will stay that way.

FJOmega

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Whittier, CA
Member #

Mine is stuck on well.. It's just gone from yellow to white though.. I was thinking about swapping it for another, but if what you say is true about the originals fading, I guess I shouldn't bother.. haha

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

the surface is textured & it appears all those decals are starting to peel off sadly
My sticker is on the back glass of my van and it has done the same thing in less than a year. They are having problems holding up. If @Michael wants I can point him towards my sticker guy, the Winchester Undead sticker I have of about the same age is holding up really well.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

ya all my white ones are fraying around the edges, the yellow ones put on at the same time are still holding up

Spyduh

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
Member #

I only have the yellow stickers and they are holding up fine the past year.

1 of the yellow ones are on the back glass of a 1st gen 4runner. And if you know 4runners the back glass is a window and I always roll down the rear glass everytime I'm in it. Probably 500+ roll downs/ups so far.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I just considered myself salty by how beat up the sticker was, lol.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly