Hy-Lift accessory attachment 'pin': Do you use a bolt &nut, or a pin w/spring clip?

• HTML tutorial

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Some accessories come with a standard bolt and nut secure arrangement, while a few come with the "LOOPED" spring secure pin arrangement. I replaced my nut and bolt safety system for ease of use with each of them. They were cheap at the hardware store, and made tracking where that easy to lose nut was at all times unnecessary.9638496386In the picture you can see the chrome safety retainer bolt/nut. The safety spring retainer loops under the jacks step/foot and clips on the other side of the pin. I use them for the bumper lift, the wheel jack lift, along with the recovery unit attachment which is like the picture also. 9639096392

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Nice! I use a nut and bolt for the nose loop, but also bought a pin for the base.

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

I'll be adding pins for the base and handle. A friend mentioned he put a pin on the handle so he can use it as a cheater bar if needed. Easier on and off and no need to carry a separate cheater bar on the trail.

Reactions: Desert Runner