Enthusiast III

Magnolia, Texas, USA
First Name
Thad
Last Name
A.
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD5TZF
Neebie to the forums, I'm a proud Jeep owner for a few years now but never had it off road yet as I live in the city, thats about to change as I'm planing a overland trip this summer. I'm planing on driving the southwest through New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada and maby Cali if money work out. Until then I am working on getting my Jeep back on the road, it's a 1990 YJ Wrangler with a 1981 AMC 258 (4.2l straight 6). I hope to make new friends and pick y'alls minds about overlanding and back country camping. Now I've been camping and backpacking most of my life but overlanding and off roading is new to me. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Neebie to the forums, I'm a proud Jeep owner for a few years now but never had it off road yet as I live in the city, thats about to change as I'm planing a overland trip this summer. I'm planing on driving the southwest through New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada and maby Cali if money work out. Until then I am working on getting my Jeep back on the road, it's a 1990 YJ Wrangler with a 1981 AMC 258 (4.2l straight 6). I hope to make new friends and pick y'alls minds about overlanding and back country camping. Now I've been camping and backpacking most of my life but overlanding and off roading is new to me. Thanks for reading.
Hello Thad and welcome to the OB crew....nice Jeep. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Thad, welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well, hopefully you can join out weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: SkinnySurfer_Thad

Enthusiast III

Magnolia, Texas, USA
First Name
Thad
Last Name
A.
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD5TZF
Hello Thad, welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well, hopefully you can join out weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks, Been a Ham Radio operator since I was 14ish, great for the many backpacking trips I've been on and head to Wewoka, Ok almost every summer for Campmeeting.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Welcome Thad.

Reactions: SkinnySurfer_Thad

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #