jmunk801

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Pleasant Grove
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Munk
Hey everyone! We are rocking a pretty stock 2016 Subaru outback and we have BFG ADVANTAGE SPORT AS 225/60R18 100H BSW ALL SEASON TIRE << hope that's not to much info

We hit the basic easy dirt trails but several have very rocky patches or are just beat up.

What would you recommend for tire pressures with these basic tires? Thanks!

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Do you have a way to fill them up?
On my stock (ish) size, not lower than 15 psi. BUT 18 inch rim means smaller sidewall. You may end up at 20. This is something you need to experiment with. Drop it to 20 and see how the tire looks.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

15 is too low for that car and situation. How much gear do you carry? Fully loaded, in soft sand I do 15 psi in my tacoma. On a standard trail you are explaining I would stick to about 24 psi mostly for comfort. With not much sidewall and relatively easy trail I'd probably go no lower than 25 if I was you. Maybe a subaru owner will chime in.

Reactions: smritte

jmunk801

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Pleasant Grove
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Munk
Yes I have I have the gear to air down and air back up. Not really sure what our gear weighs we are fairly new at this so I imagine the gear we have is a little more heavy then some of the newer high end gear. I'll try to weigh it all next camp trip.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
What psi are you running on the road? On factory all seasons I would run my Subaru on the beach at about 18 all day.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Yea i'd say for your dirt trails and such start at 20ish and work your way down as needed.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
First would just be the look of the tires. If they look too soft to safely drive on. Next would be to stop after a little bit and feel the tire. If the outsides are a lot hotter then the middle i'd suggest airing up more. For most forest roads you won't really need to air down.

Reactions: jmunk801