How much for 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series

• HTML tutorial

Spitz

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pensacola, FL
Member #

I'm look at buying a 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series. It has 250k miles, 3" OME lift, new 35's, ARB front bumper, ARB Safari Rack, ARB Safari Lights, Smittybilt 9k Winch w/synthetic cable.

He's asking 13.8k, but I feel like this is a little high.

What do you guys think this rig is worth?

Last edited:

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Look under it.. tred on tires? How does it sound starting? Age of battery? Brakes?

Can you take it to a shop to see it on a lift? Meet at a dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: H3Coyote

Spitz

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pensacola, FL
Member #

Idler pulley replaced, oil pan gasket replaced, power steering pump replaced 2/12/2004.
Rotors resurfaced, new brake pads, and differential pinion seal replaced 9/18/2015.
Tire tread is good. No rust. Sounds good when running.

MDJ

Rank 0

Traveler I

Looks really clean to me. I’d say it’s worth $12k if there are reliable maintenance records showing it’s been cared for correctly and that all modifications were done safely

Interior falling apart? Rust? Dry rotting hoses? Things add up quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

H3Coyote

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

MidWest, U.S., by Chicago.
Member #

Also check out under the hood by the corners for any sign of "mishaps" that would have left folds or bends in the front sheet metal, and don't even be shy about sliding under it and looking at the points where the cross member meets the frame, look for cracks in the metal, and don't forget to eyeball the bumper mounts for recent adjustments. None of these are going to hurt a Land Cruiser, but you never know what has happened, better to be safe and know from the the start.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using OB Talk mobile app