How have you used your D-Rings???

• HTML tutorial
S

SubeeBen

Mine are 2 years old & still brand new never used but that is why I bought a jku in the first place

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Honestly, in the rear I'd just as soon use the hitch pin as the D-rings. Up front, I mostly only have used one with my winch and snatch block to double the pulling power.

I have also a front D-ring it to hook my hi-lift to the anchor when hi-lift winching.

I have never wheeled with any Jeeps--do they come with factory recovery loops / hooks?

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Honestly, in the rear I'd just as soon use the hitch pin as the D-rings. Up front, I mostly only have used one with my winch and snatch block to double the pulling power.

I have also a front D-ring it to hook my hi-lift to the anchor when hi-lift winching.

I have never wheeled with any Jeeps--do they come with factory recovery loops / hooks?
Its about time a Toyota guy showed up here.
Hah! Those poor Toyota guys. I use mine for wrangler recovery fairly regularly myself. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app
Blasphemer!

TeamHarrington

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Colorado Springs, CO
Member #

Lol let's take it easy now [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app
[emoji23][emoji23]

Last time for me was me and my jeep buddy high centered in 3 feet of snow halfway up a steep hill. I got stuck first, but he was too light to pull my fat ass out. Before my winch, so the d-rings proved to only tie him to the back of the x, as he got stuck, too. Had to shovel our way out next morning

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I've used mine every time I have used the winch. The last time out, and I'm not afraid to say it, I made a mistake while spotting my son in law through SOB hill in his bone stock 4Runner Trail. The rig was high centered on the right side frame. We hi-lifted the rear right corner up, piled some rocks under it, set it down and I winched him off.
You guys are cracking me up with your "jeep" talk. I owned jeeps for nearly 2 decades. During that time I added mod after mod in vain. I threw in the proverbial towel 5 years ago and discovered that what I had wasted 20 years of my labor and money on was my failed attempt at making those jeeps "Cruzer Like". No judgement at all, to each his own. We simply got tired of feeling like we were beat up after having driven all day, be it interstate, forest trail or unmaintained road. I soon soon learned that comfort and trail ability are not mutually exclusive. I will admit, I really liked my 04 Rubicon, in fact it is the 3rd best vehicle I've ever owned.
Here is a great ad! Enjoy

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
We use D-rings at least weekly around the cabin in addition to the helping stranded folks who venture up here in winter; rigging felled/fallen trees, small stump pulling from land clearing, a bridle/gambrel for livestock and game processing, an impromptu hoist for beams.... All kinds of handy uses.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

In the last couple of years I would say I have used mine for about 8 Subarus 10 Jeeps 5 Toyotas couple other random cars a bunch of trees much quicker than getting the winch out most times

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Still have not used mine (which are rated at 10450 lbs each), but have them with me in my car along with a 11000 lbs/19 foot towstrap