How do you spend your "down" time on the trail?

• HTML tutorial

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

I'm more of a Scotch or 100 proof Southern Comfort & Vanilla Coke guy. Seriously though, I like stargazing, I have a couple of telescopes. Landscape and nature photography as well...

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I've been seriously considering trying my hand at fly fishing.
As have I. I got a cheap Scientific Fisherman Fly Rod for my birthday about 15 years ago, and have never used it. Was looking at either buying a new one, or using that one. Would love to learn how to fly fish though.

Otherwise I normally fish, read, or just sit and relax.

Reactions: Byron Eby

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I tried fly fishing several years back. But streams here in the east are usually heavily wooded, so very little room to cast. I used it mostly as a light bass rig in ponds and lakes. For streams, I still like my short ultralight rod with 2# line. That makes even a sunfish fun!

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I tried fly fishing several years back. But streams here in the east are usually heavily wooded, so very little room to cast. I used it mostly as a light bass rig in ponds and lakes. For streams, I still like my short ultralight rod with 2# line. That makes even a sunfish fun!
Most stuff around here is very heavily wooded too. Ultralights are always fun!

Reactions: Steve

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ive been considering getting a quad rotor for "on the trail" vidiography and messin around during down time. Only limitation is your imagination when it comes to shots with a quad.
So many to choose from. Prices can get way up there in no time, so making the right choice is important.
Still looking for the right one.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Ive been considering getting a quad rotor for "on the trail" vidiography and messin around during down time. Only limitation is your imagination when it comes to shots with a quad.
So many to choose from. Prices can get way up there in no time, so making the right choice is important.
Still looking for the right one.
There's a thread in Off Topic discussing these as well. You should check it out and see if you can find anything that you might like.

Here's the link;

http://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/drones.482/

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

It has been so long since I have had downtime I forget what it is.... I think @stringtwelve understands siince he mentioned "Toddler Wrangling" haha