How are you hauling your Gazelle T4 tent? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

How are you hauling your Gazelle T4 tent?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Jayhat

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Hattrup
Love the tents but they are huge. When we used my 4Runner as the primary camping rig, I'd run it length wise down the gobi roofrack (side) or width wise on top of a hitch basket (depending on how I packed). I was a little dismayed to realize it only fits diagonally in the bed (short) of my Tacoma. I am going to pickup a Alu-cab shell here in a couple weeks and will have to see how all my gear packs down in that next season.

SWLands

Rank IV
Expedition

Enthusiast III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6QBJ
I carry mine inside my 4Runner. It fits easily from the back of the front seat to the back hatch. I made my 4Runner a 2 seater - I removed all but the front seats. I have a coleman cot that sits against the front seats and the tent still fits from that cot to the back hatch. Then I got a rtt and I save the gazelle for when I have company, or I want to have a base camp.

Vinz Clortho

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Love the tents but they are huge. When we used my 4Runner as the primary camping rig, I'd run it length wise down the gobi roofrack (side) or width wise on top of a hitch basket (depending on how I packed). I was a little dismayed to realize it only fits diagonally in the bed (short) of my Tacoma. I am going to pickup a Alu-cab shell here in a couple weeks and will have to see how all my gear packs down in that next season.
I specifically bought the T3 because, based on the measurements, I thought the T4 wouldn’t fit in my Taco’s 5 ft. bed with a cap. I never considered loading it diagonally (Duh!) until my brother went on a trip with me and brought his T4. Sure enough, it fit just fine diagonally. Now I think I’ll be moving up to the T4 for the extra floor space and ceiling height.

Reactions: M Rose