How are you hauling your Gazelle T4 tent?

• HTML tutorial

Jayhat

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Hattrup
Love the tents but they are huge. When we used my 4Runner as the primary camping rig, I'd run it length wise down the gobi roofrack (side) or width wise on top of a hitch basket (depending on how I packed). I was a little dismayed to realize it only fits diagonally in the bed (short) of my Tacoma. I am going to pickup a Alu-cab shell here in a couple weeks and will have to see how all my gear packs down in that next season.

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
I carry mine inside my 4Runner. It fits easily from the back of the front seat to the back hatch. I made my 4Runner a 2 seater - I removed all but the front seats. I have a coleman cot that sits against the front seats and the tent still fits from that cot to the back hatch. Then I got a rtt and I save the gazelle for when I have company, or I want to have a base camp.

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
Love the tents but they are huge. When we used my 4Runner as the primary camping rig, I'd run it length wise down the gobi roofrack (side) or width wise on top of a hitch basket (depending on how I packed). I was a little dismayed to realize it only fits diagonally in the bed (short) of my Tacoma. I am going to pickup a Alu-cab shell here in a couple weeks and will have to see how all my gear packs down in that next season.
I specifically bought the T3 because, based on the measurements, I thought the T4 wouldn’t fit in my Taco’s 5 ft. bed with a cap. I never considered loading it diagonally (Duh!) until my brother went on a trip with me and brought his T4. Sure enough, it fit just fine diagonally. Now I think I’ll be moving up to the T4 for the extra floor space and ceiling height.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I specifically bought the T3 because, based on the measurements, I thought the T4 wouldn’t fit in my Taco’s 5 ft. bed with a cap. I never considered loading it diagonally (Duh!) until my brother went on a trip with me and brought his T4. Sure enough, it fit just fine diagonally. Now I think I’ll be moving up to the T4 for the extra floor space and ceiling height.
Diagonally as well; Gladiator with Alu-Cab canopy. I only take it if my wife/kids are along for the ride, otherwise I'm on a cot under the stars (or awning).

IMG_5827.jpeg

Reactions: Christopher Hersey

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Purchased a used Thule rocket box to carry our T4 on the roof rack of our WJ, has been up there for several years and holding up fairly well, enough room to pack a few other items up there with it also. As long as the tent is in there it is pretty quiet, off road with it empty makes it too loud to drive with the sunroof open..

• Love
Reactions: M Rose

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

I can fit the T4 or the plus in the back of my Grand Cherokee, but only if I'm not carrying my larger cooler (and eventually fridge). Otherwise, I have to strap it on top. When they came out with the overland edition of the T4+, I went ahead and bought the bag (already had the footprint anyway), so I won't have to worry about hauling it on top in the rain. When I went to expo east last year and was driving in the rain (before having the weather proof bag), I wrapped the thing in a cheap tarp. Interestingly, said cheap tarp couldn't handle nearly 11 hours at highway speed and was half shredded on the end that was facing the front.

P8trit

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Montana
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Campbell
I use a piece of a truckers lumber tarp I cut to cover my whole bed for the longer ow weather possible trips. I also use it for my ground tarp so it's a win win in my gear set up.