How about having a place to share boondocking and free camping spots?

• HTML tutorial

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

As the title asks the question, would be nice to have everyone post some nice free camping places in their neck of the woods! Maybe, even say which ones are the nicer places to camp! Benz.

Reactions: Tim

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

This is exactly what the new features of the Resource Map (formerly Member Map) are for. Check out @Michael's post on the topic.

https://www.overlandbound.com/looking-for-new-places-to-explore-in-your-area/

A note for anyone dropping a pin: please be detailed and descriptive on your pin. Simply posting "cool spot" will not be much help to other members. Also, the pins are not editable, so double check your content and spelling before completing. Thanks!

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

This is exactly what the new features of the Resource Map (formerly Member Map) are for. Check out @Michael's post on the topic.

A note for anyone dropping a pin: please be detailed and descriptive on your pin. Simply posting "cool spot" will not be much help to other members. Also, the pins are not editable, so double check your content and spelling before completing. Thanks!
Thanks Steve,
Guess I thought that was just to show where members “helled” from. Benz.

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

How long does it take for a camp site to be vetted? I dropped a pin a couple of weeks ago, but it hasn't shown up yet.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

How long does it take for a camp site to be vetted?
It should be relatively quick was long as there was a fairly decent description. There is only one pending in the queue right now, and it isn't yours. There is no log of what has been approved or denied. Maybe that's something @Michael can add.

I *think* I remember approving one from you, but my memory is sporadic at best.

Reactions: Quicksilver

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Steve,
You, Michael and Corrie and the rest of the staff do a great job with the forum! Yes, the members are what keep this all going, but it is great to have a dedicated staff putting the time and energy in to keeping Overland Bound, on the right path! A path for all to enjoy and get involved in enjoying and protecting our sport and good management of our resources! Thank -you! Benz.

Reactions: Michael