First Name
Danny
Last Name
Romeyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5HKQ
Hey Everyone,

I am really excited to see there is going to be an Overland Expo in Loveland Colorado Aug 28-30, 2020. I know this is way too early to be discussing, but I am just throwing this out there and maybe folks can start thinking about it. I know a lot can happen between now and then, but I am planning on attending. I think I will head out there for the expo and maybe stay an extra week to explore some trails in the Rockies and then end up over at Breckenridge, CO for their awesome Oktoberfest before heading back to HTown. Basically, leave Houston Thursday Aug 27th and be back Monday Sept 7th Labor Day.

Reactions: jmullen

tireguy43

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Box Elder, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
We are planning on attending also would like to get a small group together going to hit some trails. I grew up in the area and this will be a great excuse to come "visit" family. There are a few books that have trail information in them. "Guide to Colorado back roads and 4-wheel-drive trails"

Danny Boy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntington Beach, California, United States
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Romeyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5HKQ
We are planning on attending also would like to get a small group together going to hit some trails. I grew up in the area and this will be a great excuse to come "visit" family. There are a few books that have trail information in them. "Guide to Colorado back roads and 4-wheel-drive trails"
Very nice..I would be very interested in tagging along. Especially with folks from the area.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

I am really excited to see there is going to be an Overland Expo in Loveland Colorado Aug 28-30, 2020. I know this is way too early to be discussing, but I am just throwing this out there and maybe folks can start thinking about it. I know a lot can happen between now and then, but I am planning on attending. I think I will head out there for the expo and maybe stay an extra week to explore some trails in the Rockies and then end up over at Breckenridge, CO for their awesome Oktoberfest before heading back to HTown. Basically, leave Houston Thursday Aug 27th and be back Monday Sept 7th Labor Day.

This is awesome, we will see you there.

Danny Boy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Danny
Last Name
Romeyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5HKQ
Expo getting closer. Got my weekend tickets, just hope this crazy covid is over or under control by then. I’m still planning on rolling out from here in Houston Aug 27th and plan on being back in Houston by Sept 7th Labor Day. 1st night plan on camping at Lake Meredith north of Amarillo. Fri & Sat at Expo. Sunday thru 4th or 5th plan on hitting trails from Estes Park down to Ouray area. Maybe do some camping and fishing along some of the great rivers in CO as well. All up in the air really.

jmullen

Rank III

Influencer II

El Cajon, CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mullen
Danny Boy it is really exciting. I'm really excited about it because the weekend prior, approvals pending, will be the first annual Midwest Overland Fest in Richland Center Wisconsin at the County Fairgrounds. How do I know this? I'm the organizer...and host. But that aside, we are days away from finding out if we have the fairgrounds the weekend of the 20th of August through the 23rd......for the next ten years!!!!! This is the first event of its kind in Wisconsin and might be the only one in the tri-state area.

Reactions: Sparksalot

jmullen

Rank III

Influencer II

El Cajon, CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mullen
I just looked on the website. it says all in person expos for 2020 have been canceled.
tireguy43 the Midwest Overland Fest isnt cancelling. The local community is behind us as well as the County Supervisors and State of Wisconsin. This one should be pretty fun. Lots to do in Richland Center and we will offer overnighting at the event.

Yearlytraveler66

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tomball, TX, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Escobar
A group of three of us from Houston so far are planning on going up last week in August. Planning stage but we definitely want to go. To bad the expo is cancelled. Unless covid closes the state will be there.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Danny Boy it is really exciting. I'm really excited about it because the weekend prior, approvals pending, will be the first annual Midwest Overland Fest in Richland Center Wisconsin at the County Fairgrounds. How do I know this? I'm the organizer...and host. But that aside, we are days away from finding out if we have the fairgrounds the weekend of the 20th of August through the 23rd......for the next ten years!!!!! This is the first event of its kind in Wisconsin and might be the only one in the tri-state area.
Do you have a link?

Danny Boy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Danny
Last Name
Romeyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5HKQ
A group of three of us from Houston so far are planning on going up last week in August. Planning stage but we definitely want to go. To bad the expo is cancelled. Unless covid closes the state will be there.
Please keep me informed. I was still planning on going but moving it to leaving the day after Labor Day. If there is a group at end of August I might be interested in doing that as well.

jmullen

Rank III

Influencer II

El Cajon, CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mullen
Do you have a link?
No link yet. We are awaiting final approval and then we will try to get something on our website asap. At a minimum what I'll be able to do is paste an info deck to this forum for everyone to see. Bottom line is that if you are a company then you are treated as an exhibitor and will be expected to follow the rules to sell at our event. If you are a visitor then its 10 bucks a day or 15 bucks for the 3 days. Overnighting is $50 and that's from the county. We will have a ton of food, live music, and the local area has a ton of things to do. There's even a river adjacent to the fair grounds with rental kiosks up and down where you can rent kayaks and canoes. Fishing galore, etc etc. I hope everyone goes. We are renting this space on this weekend for the next 10 years. No joke.

jmullen

Rank III

Influencer II

El Cajon, CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mullen
No link yet. We are awaiting final approval and then we will try to get something on our website asap. At a minimum what I'll be able to do is paste an info deck to this forum for everyone to see. Bottom line is that if you are a company then you are treated as an exhibitor and will be expected to follow the rules to sell at our event. If you are a visitor then its 10 bucks a day or 15 bucks for the 3 days. Overnighting is $50 and that's from the county. We will have a ton of food, live music, and the local area has a ton of things to do. There's even a river adjacent to the fair grounds with rental kiosks up and down where you can rent kayaks and canoes. Fishing galore, etc etc. I hope everyone goes. We are renting this space on this weekend for the next 10 years. No joke.
Here's the link guys and gals... www.midwestoverlandfest.com
Also give us a follow on Facebook