Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Pretty cool! Nice and compact and the built in heater sounds like an aggravation saver. Kinda confusing on the Kickstarter and Indiegogo pages, though. Are they being shipped yet or still in pre-production? Asking because that could be another option on an upcoming trip in two weeks.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Very cool! I really like it! Like @ru108 said, the KS and Indie pages are a bit confusing. I'd consider something like this for sure.

Matoolie

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Interesting concept and I like it. But what is the status of the product? What is status or schedule of production start and delivery of units to backers?

JonoTroopy

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Colorado
Member #

Pretty cool! Nice and compact and the built in heater sounds like an aggravation saver. Kinda confusing on the Kickstarter and Indiegogo pages, though. Are they being shipped yet or still in pre-production? Asking because that could be another option on an upcoming trip in two weeks.
Yeah...our production schedule got announced. We are accepting pre-orders at this point without any charges until we are ready for production. $299 MSRP includes the following specs:

Geyser System Technical Specifications
Total Weight When Full = 11 lbs
Total Capacity = .8 Gallons (3 Litres)
Modes = Heat, Off, Pump (doesn't heat and pump at the same time)
Dry Poncho = Microfiber poncho that your dry yourself with and change your clothes without attracting attention.
Scrub With Hose = 1 Included
Replacement Scrub Without Hose = 1 Included
Sprayer (hose without Scrub) = Included
Pup Scrub (patented dog brush) = Not Included
Warranty = 1 year
Filter = Not Available
Water Requirement = Filtered

Heat Mode
Total Heat Time Using Heating Element = 15 to 35 minutes assuming the initial temperature is 77 degrees.
Total Heat Time Using Jet Boil = 5 minutes assuming you add one Jet Boil of boiling water and top the rest off with cold water
Important Note: If you are using your car charger (sourced with starter battery), then you must have your car on.

Pump Mode & Flow Rates
  • Full range of flow rates between .05 to 1 GPM
  • These flow rates translate to .8 gallons lasting between 45 seconds to 16 minutes
  • Pressure remains consistent from beginning to end.
  • Pump Mode operates with car off
  • We suggest down to .1 GPM (7 minutes) for washing your body. It's still refreshing at that flow rate. Most people begin at that flow rate, finishing washing themselves, and are surprised to find that .4 gallons are still left. So they "open up the floodgates" at 1 GPM and love the waterfall. That's why we offer flow rates up to 1 GPM. Alternatively, you could shower another person at .1 GPM. That's why we selected .8 gallon capacity for our design. It could shower two people
  • We suggest down to .05 GPM (16 minutes) for washing your dishes and gear.
  • Women (or men) with long hair may require more than .8 gallons of water. The sprayer helps them wash their hair with little water.
Sensors
  • 3 Thermostats to show the progression of heating. At 95 F, it automatically turns the heating element off to stop drawing power.
  • 1 Water Level Sensor to notify the user when they are running low on water AND to ensure the heating element is not running dry
  • 1 Lid Sensor - Heating element is electrically insulated to ensure there's no tingle when touching the water. However...we went the extra mile...if for whatever reason the electrical insulation fails, then the lid sensor is our 2nd layer of safety. The heating element does not turn on without the lid on. If the lid is opened, then there a mechanical switch that opens to guarantee there no electrical pathway with the water. That's overkill for 12 V, but we are taking into consideration small children and seniors with defibulators.
Power Requirements
  • 12 V DC - Different power cords with SAE adaptors are available (car's charger, $40 deep cycle battery on Amazon, or directly to a solar panel)
  • 10 amps for heat mode
  • 2.5 amps for pump mode
  • Power cord length = 16 ft (makes it easy to keep puddle away from the entrance of your vehicle)
For your 3 day/2 night weekend trip with a loved one.
The following setup (switch out the 3 with a 5-gallon tank) allows both of you to have a hot shower each night AND enough water to clean dishes for the weekend.
Staying refreshed doesn't just enhance the trip...but keeps you from fatigue with a good nights rest. I would consider it a part of your safety equipment. It also keeps your family wanting to go on more trips and enjoy the great outdoors!

Reactions: dziner and ru108

JonoTroopy

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Colorado
Member #

I'm interested,Ron
Great! I'm accepting pre-orders without charging until we are ready to manufacture. I highly recommend you come out to Overland ExpoWest and check us out at the Tourig booth.

Here's some specs:
Dry Poncho = Microfiber poncho that your dry yourself with and change your clothes without attracting attention.
Warranty = 1 year
Filter = Not Available

Heat Mode
Total Heat Time Using Heating Element = 15 to 35 minutes assuming the initial temperature is 77 degrees.
Total Heat Time Using Jet Boil = 5 minutes assuming you add one Jet Boil of boiling water and top the rest off with cold water
Important Note: If you are using your car charger (sourced with starter battery), then you must have your car on.

Pump Mode & Flow Rates
  • These flow rates translate to .8 gallons lasting between 45 seconds to 16 minutes
  • We suggest down to .1 GPM (7 minutes) for washing your body. It's still refreshing at that flow rate. Most people begin at that flow rate, finishing washing themselves, and are surprised to find that .4 gallons are still left. So they "open up the floodgates" at 1 GPM and love the waterfall. That's why we offer flow rates up to 1 GPM. Alternatively, you could shower another person at .1 GPM. That's why we selected .8 gallon capacity for our design. It could shower two people
  • Women (or men) with long hair may require more than .8 gallons of water. The sprayer helps them wash their hair with little water.
Sensors
  • 3 Thermostats to show the progression of heating. At 95 F, it automatically turns the heating element off to stop drawing power.
  • 1 Water Level Sensor to notify the user when they are running low on water AND to ensure the heating element is not running dry
  • 1 Lid Sensor - Heating element is electrically insulated to ensure there's no tingle when touching the water. However...we went the extra mile...if for whatever reason the electrical insulation fails, then the lid sensor is our 2nd layer of safety. The heating element does not turn on without the lid on. If the lid is opened, then there a mechanical switch that opens to guarantee there no electrical pathway with the water. That's overkill for 12 V, but we are taking into consideration small children and seniors with defibulators.
Power Requirements
  • 12 V DC - Different power cords with SAE adaptors are available (car's charger, $40 deep cycle battery on Amazon, or directly to a solar panel)
  • 10 amps for heat mode
  • 2.5 amps for pump mode
  • Power cord length = 16 ft (makes it easy to keep puddle away from the entrance of your vehicle)
The following setup (switch out the 3 with a 5-gallon tank) allows both of you to have a hot shower each night AND enough water to clean dishes for the weekend.
Staying refreshed doesn't just enhance the trip...but keeps you from fatigue with a good nights rest. I would consider it a part of your safety equipment. It also keeps your family wanting to go on more trips and enjoy the great outdoors!

JonoTroopy

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Colorado
Member #

Interesting concept and I like it. But what is the status of the product? What is status or schedule of production start and delivery of units to backers?
We're in great shape. The suppliers are validated and tested. We are starting production and shipping the first batch in August. Things are looking very good right now. We are accepting pre-orders at Overland ExpoWest. Come check us out at the Tourig booth.

Here are some specs:

Warranty = 1 year
Filter = Not Available

Heat Mode

Pump Mode & Flow Rates
Sensors
Power Requirements
  • 10 amps for heat mode
  • 2.5 amps for pump mode

Reactions: ru108