Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

I wonder if this will be a real contender, though it just seems to be a trim package and not a new vehicle:

Not much info out thus far, but they will hit showrooms later this year!

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I dont see it doing well, I believe its going to be fwd then awd I dont see it being real offroader but good enough for fire roads and trails most likely. Honda wants to get in on some of this overland money

Reactions: Werlyb23

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I wonder if this will be a real contender, though it just seems to be a trim package and not a new vehicle:

Not much info out thus far, but they will hit showrooms later this year!
Unfortunately it's a trim level and not a new vehicle, and currently I don't think they have all that much to build on. It's hard to say though. I can tell you that people often underestimate what my RD1 CR-V can do, but then again, it hails from Honda's golden age, and Land Rover had a hand in it's development.

My secret dream is that they would release a "new" rd1 but with low range and selectable 4wd, and maybe a really torquey diesel engine. I truly believe it would be the ultimate 4x4. Pf course this will never happen but one can dream lol

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

This definitely looks like just a sticker package. At least it'll have some taller springs... unless they're talking about increased height due to slightly bigger tires... then nevermind.

With the reliability of Honda, I would think a lot of people would be interested in a Pilot or Passport with a low-range, similar to the Cherokee Trailhawk.

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Just bought a 2021 Passport AWD for my wife 3 months ago. After going down a few local trails/NFS roads I feel it would be comfortable tackling 85% of the trails I take my GX470 down. The Passport is much more capable than I had anticipated. A slight lift and all terrain tires, set of MaxTrax...go for it.