Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Nice pilot. I had to figure these could be slightly modified to bring a little more fun!

The look of these reminds me of my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

If I'm not mistaken a Pilot like yours still has a "regular" automatic transmission (as in, planetary gears not CVT), right? I think CVTs are what hold back 90% of other cross-over vehicles more than clearance/traction (espec w/ a mild lift and good AT tires). The reality is most vehicles will do a LOT more than their owners realize. Glad to see you getting out and pushing your rig to find its limits.

-TJ

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

If I'm not mistaken a Pilot like yours still has a "regular" automatic transmission (as in, planetary gears not CVT), right? I think CVTs are what hold back 90% of other cross-over vehicles more than clearance/traction (espec w/ a mild lift and good AT tires). The reality is most vehicles will do a LOT more than their owners realize. Glad to see you getting out and pushing your rig to find its limits.

-TJ
That is correct, that being said gearing is a primary weakness.

Soapy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

I wish Honda would do something like they did on their ATVs for years without a transfer case. They would put a super deep 1st gear in them so you could still climb stuff but at a slower speed.