Home made awning ( cheap and easy )

• HTML tutorial

Paramedic-Steve-911

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

wareham massachusetts
Member #

IMG_4530.PNG IMG_4491.JPG For this project I spent 1 hour and 50$ and got a great awning that once torn is easy and cheaper to repair! All you need is a length of pvc pipe 3 inch diameter cut to length of tarp you'll use as the actual awning one pvc cap for one end and a threaded end for the other end , then you need 2 bolts and wing nuts to hold tarp onto pvc once unrolled and ready to use. You need 2 lengths of small 1 inch pvc to be used as uprights to hold awning up 2 pvc elbows and then you'll need string and tent stakes to keep tension on awning! I used an 8x10 heavy duty tarp for awning I suggest you do the same , once your done the tarp and poles roll up and fit inside the 3 inch pvc tube until your next overlanding adventure. I will post more pics of the build to better illustrate the project once I get more time. Keep it rubber side down overlanders .

Paramedic-Steve-911

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

wareham massachusetts
Member #

Those are for when my kids ask "are we there yet over and over" lol , joking joking . It's just aesthetics to make it look more like an original h1 hummer. These h3s get a lot of static and hatred from the off road community so I do what I can to make it just a little bit better to earn trail respect, the handles cause attention and that causes questions about it next thing ya know I'm rockers deep in mud with a jeep or a Toyota showing em what the old girl can do!

Reactions: buckwilk