Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Not a bad idea. Except for the obvious announce when you need to use the spare, which should be rarely. My only concern would be if you replace the spare with a flat, will the mount go back on there without air in the tire? Or would you need to toss the mount and gas can into your rig for awhile...

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Not a bad idea. Except for the obvious announce when you need to use the spare, which should be rarely. My only concern would be if you replace the spare with a flat, will the mount go back on there without air in the tire? Or would you need to toss the mount and gas can into your rig for awhile...
It should cinch around a flat spare no worries. I tested it on a tire that wasnt even mounted on a rim and it was all good.

Reactions: geekyadam

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

I would put a piece of molding on the edge of the steel under the strap. The steel will wear through.
For sure i will. This was what i got done when my 3 year old was sleeping. Next nap time gonna make some more progress. Really gonna round off everything. Got any ideas for where to get/ make some molding?

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
For sure i will. This was what i got done when my 3 year old was sleeping. Next nap time gonna make some more progress. Really gonna round off everything. Got any ideas for where to get/ make some molding?
I’d try aftermarket door molding from an auto parts store. Some people use it to quiet down a light bar by put the molding on the fins. We use pieces of cardboard in the trucking industry when we have nothing else.

Reactions: Rexplorer