Hollister Hills 4/2...Sunday

• HTML tutorial

daPitbull

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oakland, CA
Member #

hey all. Heading down to hollister hills tomorrow with a buddy new to the dirt. Anyone is more than welcome to join us. Leaving Oakland around 830am. Let me know

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

It sounds like maktruk and I will be down there. We'll be on CH 22 and will try to be at the main obstacle course at 10.

See you tomorrow.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

What the heck did I run into to bash up my license plate???
Going through my pictures and zooming in on the shot below, I can see that it was bent when we made it to Hector Heights. Maybe the trench you crossed leaving the bottom of Truck Hill did the damage?

IMG_5081.JPG

macr88

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

Emmett, ID, USA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
I wouldn't have survived that trip lol. Looks like fun though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

daPitbull

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oakland, CA
Member #

@maktruk and @BCBrian thanks again for joining us yesterday. Great to see the overaland community help a new guy out. Chago had a blast christening his brand new 4Runner. Lets get out on the trails again soon.

Reactions: BCBrian

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I've been having a heavy vibration at freeway speeds since this run. Pulled the drivers front wheel off and found about a quart of dried mud on the inside of the wheel and behind the spokes. It felt like the wheel weights had fallen off but that mud must have been throwing the balance off.

daPitbull

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oakland, CA
Member #

I've been having a heavy vibration at freeway speeds since this run. Pulled the drivers front wheel off and found about a quart of dried mud on the inside of the wheel and behind the spokes. It felt like the wheel weights had fallen off but that mud must have been throwing the balance off.
I bet...that stuff dries rick hard. I power washed the under carriage and wheels when I got home that night.