Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern California, CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

New the forum and figured my second post should be my rig. It’s a 2016 F-250 Powerstroke that for the last 2 years has been mostly stock. After finding out about overlanding I decided to dive head first into building it. Currently has a Leitner rack and decked system to keep things organized. Custom front bumper that I’m in the process of adding a winch to. Hoping next year to add a Carli Suspension kit and either this year or next a rear bumper with swing out arms for spare and jugs. Also has diff protection and I’m running 285/75r18 Toyo R/T tires on the stock rims.

IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg

trovilcl

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Dude! awesome set up. I'm digging the bed drawers. I have thought about building some, but I have a 5th wheel ball and plate in the bed of my truck I have to get rid of first. I know a mod i'm going to be doing to my Cummins is a diff breather extensions. Even though we have ground clearance, I think it would be a cheap and easy method of insurance to keep our rigs going strong. Very nice truck though.

NorCalJoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

Dude! awesome set up. I'm digging the bed drawers. I have thought about building some, but I have a 5th wheel ball and plate in the bed of my truck I have to get rid of first. I know a mod i'm going to be doing to my Cummins is a diff breather extensions. Even though we have ground clearance, I think it would be a cheap and easy method of insurance to keep our rigs going strong. Very nice truck though.
Check out a company called Rimrock Manufacturing. They’re local to me and they build steel truck drawers with space for a gooseneck ball if that’s what you’re running. They could probably even build you one that’ll work with a 5th will plate.

Reactions: Yoye0513

NorCalJoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

Thought I’d go more in depth into what I have changed on my truck so far so here is a list.

Anzo projector headlights with Retro Solutions HID bulbs
Anzo LED taillights
Transferflow 50 gallon replacement tank
Custom front bumper with LED light bar and fog lights (currently installing Warn Zeon 12k winch into it)
Spray in bed liner
Leitner rack system with XL Gear Pod, small Gear Pod, 3 Universal Mounting Plates with x2 2 gallon water Rotopax, x2 3.5 gallon FuelpaX and one First Aid Rotopax, Hi-lift jack, x4 Maxtrax, CVT Mount Shasta RTT, CVT Summit awning
285/75R18 Toyo Open Country R/T tires
Decked drawer system with Core Trax system and x2 D-Box
LED lights mounted under the bed rails
LED rock lights mounted under side steps
Front and rear diff armor from Purple Cranium

NorCalJoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

Finished up my winch install. Running the wires was by far the most difficult part of it. And had to mount the control pack in a slightly different area. Ha

IMG_3465.jpg
Drilling out the holes to mount the control pack
IMG_3466.jpg
Getting the wires ran in the best possible way
IMG_3469.jpg
Used the factory rubber deal that attaches to the stock bumper as some winch protection
IMG_3470.jpg
Spooling/adding tension to the line
IMG_0004.jpg
Finished until my factor55 ultrahook and license player holder shows up

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Looks good, that bumper looks really heavy duty.

Edit: Welcome to the forum! :)

NorCalJoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

Well finally found some frame mounted sliders from Randy Ellis Designs for this big girl and got them ordered along with a carb compliant intake. Should be delivered sometime next week and hopefully installed in the same week.

NorCalJoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

Decided to move my old LED lights around in preparation for the new Rigid and KC lights going into the bumper while I was drying out my tent.

IMG_3487.jpg
New home for the light bar. Should make a good reverse light too.

IMG_3490.jpg
IMG_3491.jpg
How I mounted my 2 LED pods.

Reactions: GroundedLP

NorCalJoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

Well I finally got around to pulling a few things off the truck to help with it’s reliability and help her breathe and exhale a little better.
IMG_3500.jpgIMG_3501.jpg