Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stagecoach, NV, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brackett
Member #

A couple notes from last nights meet up meeting. @delta22 mentioned from Gerlach (Saturday) it will be approximately 190 miles of off road driving to loop back to Gerlach on Monday. So there is no confusion, Everyone meets at the Love's Travel Stop 825 Commerce Center Dr. Fernley, NV @ 8am then drive 77 miles to Gerlach were there is a gas station.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Looks like Erin and I will still be in Arizona for this weekend we were looking forward to going with you guys on this camping trip.

DieselAPS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Hi Everyone -- We'll be joining you this weekend. We'll be coming up from the Bay Area in our F250 and our new (to us) Four Wheel Camper. I've been up once before for a day run with you folks, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you again. My family will join on this adventure. What's the campfire and firewood situation? Are ground fires allowed, and are we bringing or gathering firewood? -- Andreas

Moriarty

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stagecoach, NV, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brackett
Member #

Hi Everyone -- We'll be joining you this weekend. We'll be coming up from the Bay Area in our F250 and our new (to us) Four Wheel Camper. I've been up once before for a day run with you folks, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you again. My family will join on this adventure. What's the campfire and firewood situation? Are ground fires allowed, and are we bringing or gathering firewood? -- Andreas
We will have a campfire going, definitely bring firewood. Please call @HappyOurOverlanding so he can add y'all to the going list, use the rally point link for his #.
FYI: meet 8am Love's truck stop (Fernley), convoy to Gerlach (last fuel point) and then start our 190 mile (approximately) loop for three days returning to Gerlach. (In a nut shell)

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
We will have a campfire going, definitely bring firewood. Please call @HappyOurOverlanding so he can add y'all to the going list, use the rally point link for his #.
FYI: meet 8am Love's truck stop (Fernley), convoy to Gerlach (last fuel point) and then start our 190 mile (approximately) loop for three days returning to Gerlach. (In a nut shell)
Just be at the meet up in Fernley and you're good to go.

Reactions: Moriarty

DieselAPS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Reactions: Moriarty

DieselAPS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Hi Ken -- Did you and Marc get fuel on Monday? We noticed that the Gerlack gas station was closed when we rolled by. Luckily we had plenty to get back to Fernley.

Moriarty

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stagecoach, NV, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brackett
Member #

Hi Ken -- Did you and Marc get fuel on Monday? We noticed that the Gerlack gas station was closed when we rolled by. Luckily we had plenty to get back to Fernley.
Yes, Marc and I both fueled up there. No one was there and the "OPEN" sign placed in the window. (Now I can estimate the off road mileage)

Glad you had enough fuel to get to Fernley.

We had a great time on this trip. Look forward to the next time y'all are able to travel the distance for another adventure.

Safe travels

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Doesn't the gas station in Gerlach pump gas even if they are closed?
We were pretty disappointed we couldn't make this trip.
We did 2770 miles in the last 14 days and got home on Sunday and even if we had made it back on Sat. we would have been to worn out.