stephanie
Last Name
Curlee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4CNY
Service Branch
Army
I just wanted to say hi from North Carolina. Growing up I camped over two years of my life. From NC to Canada to Colorado. My dad took us to so many places, in a old Ford station wagon. Towing a pop up camper called a Nimrod. I have followed that path. However I realized something was missing. Now don't get me wrong. My Coleman will still get used but I like to explore that cool looking path in the Forrest. Towing the camper doesn't always make that easy. I honestly didn't know there was a overlanding passion as it is today. I stumbled upon it by ditching cable and saw my first in YouTube video by Andrew Saint P White. I then knew what was missing. Ive already started my build. I look forward to meeting as many as I can.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I just wanted to say hi from North Carolina. Growing up I camped over two years of my life. From NC to Canada to Colorado. My dad took us to so many places, in a old Ford station wagon. Towing a pop up camper called a Nimrod. I have followed that path. However I realized something was missing. Now don't get me wrong. My Coleman will still get used but I like to explore that cool looking path in the Forrest. Towing the camper doesn't always make that easy. I honestly didn't know there was a overlanding passion as it is today. I stumbled upon it by ditching cable and saw my first in YouTube video by Andrew Saint P White. I then knew what was missing. Ive already started my build. I look forward to meeting as many as I can.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: Stephanie

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Welcome from Austin, TX. I enjoy Andrew Saint P White stuff also (support him in Patroen) He is a bit opinionated, selfe admittedly, about what constitutes Overlanding. We tend to have a broader definition of Overlanding on the Forum. Enjoy building your rig, just don't let the build hold you up from adventures. Get out in to nature, and build new memories.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Stephanie and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Stephanie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Goldston, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
stephanie
Last Name
Curlee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4CNY
Service Branch
Army
Hi Stephanie and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!
Wow getting a welcome from you is so cool. I watch you and Anners so much. I hate Jade had to be rebuilt. I feel your pain. I just had to take Sarah's front of her engine off twice. However you got to go to Mexico which is so cool. I'm glad you and Micheal had fun. On a somber note. Watching the vlog about your dad was so heartfelt. Having lost both of my parents. Greif has no time limit Jake. I see things in life that remind me of mine. So to me they are still here. So I celebrate them as simple as seeing a butterfly, as my mom loved them. Or a story of my dad. I just have to say I love what you do.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Wow getting a welcome from you is so cool. I watch you and Anners so much. I hate Jade had to be rebuilt. I feel your pain. I just had to take Sarah's front of her engine off twice. However you got to go to Mexico which is so cool. I'm glad you and Micheal had fun. On a somber note. Watching the vlog about your dad was so heartfelt. Having lost both of my parents. Greif has no time limit Jake. I see things in life that remind me of mine. So to me they are still here. So I celebrate them as simple as seeing a butterfly, as my mom loved them. Or a story of my dad. I just have to say I love what you do.
I'm so glad you're following my journey and appreciate the support! I'm sorry for your loss also.

Brandon Harvey

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oregon
Member #

Welcome Stephanie!!! Enjoy the roads.

Stephanie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Goldston, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
stephanie
Last Name
Curlee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4CNY
Service Branch
Army
Welcome from Austin, TX. I enjoy Andrew Saint P White stuff also (support him in Patroen) He is a bit opinionated, selfe admittedly, about what constitutes Overlanding. We tend to have a broader definition of Overlanding on the Forum. Enjoy building your rig, just don't let the build hold you up from adventures. Get out in to nature, and build new memories.
I agree he can be a tad brash. I just did the ARB bumper. With the weight I'll be putting in ome torsion bars and new shocks so I can add the Smittybilt 9500 winch. I purposely didn't vacation this year to pay for that. Then the cam seal went. So that was a front tear down/ timing job. I honestly don't know any Trails yet. I have always taken the pop up and camped. Now I want to explore more maybe it's me getting older lol.

Reactions: Jeff Graham

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
Welcome from VA. Just did my ARB bumper w/Smittybikt winch last week. Lots of weight up front now. New shocks next. Lots of good helpful people here at OB. Enjoy your build and maybe we'll see you out on the trail some day.