Hi Everybody, OB9102 Here From Kentucky

• HTML tutorial

JuniorPigeon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisville, KY
Member #

Hi everyone. My name's Aaron and I live in Louisville, KY. I'm 25 and I've been hiking and off-roading for years, but as far as overlanding goes I'm definitely a novice. Now that I've graduated college, it's time to change that!

Enough about me, here's my daily/adventure vehicle. It's a '97 4Runner with a 3" OME lift, 33" Extreme Countries, custom bumpers, and a few interior upgrades. Bone stock under the hood with 278k miles and plenty more to go. (Ignore the parking lot pictures, she's got plenty of pinstriping just trying to keep the pics current!)

Next mods will be lights, winch, and swing out tire carrier as well as outfitting the interior more. Any input on building that carrier will be greatly appreciated haha.

Last edited:

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Hello my fellow Yota owner and enthusiast! Welcome to OB and glad you are here! You will love it here. The wife is having some training next July in Louisville area and I will be traveling with her for about 8 days there. Going to be doing some sightseeing around the Red River Gorge area and others...maybe Land Between the Lakes on the way there or back from Arkansas. There are some of us who are planning on getting together maybe for a day trip or some dinner in the evening. Would love to have you join up!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone. My name's Aaron and I live in Louisville, KY. I'm 25 and I've been hiking and off-roading for years, but as far as overlanding goes I'm definitely a novice. Now that I've graduated college, it's time to change that!

Enough about me, here's my daily/adventure vehicle. It's a '97 4Runner with a 3" OME lift, 33" Extreme Countries, custom bumpers, and a few interior upgrades. Bone stock under the hood with 278k miles and plenty more to go. (Ignore the parking lot pictures, she's got plenty of pinstriping just trying to keep the pics current!)

Next mods will be lights, winch, and swing out tire carrier as well as outfitting the interior more. Any input on building that last one will be greatly appreciated haha.

Hello Aaron and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Next mods will be lights, winch, and swing out tire carrier as well as outfitting the interior more. Any input on building that last one will be greatly appreciated haha.

Hi Aaron and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Welcome Aaron,

Your not far from me, and I actually work in Louisville. We will have to meet up sometime.

Reactions: RevJackDaniel

JuniorPigeon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisville, KY
Member #

Thanks everybody! Appreciate the welcome. As for anyone wanting to meet up, count me in whenever. I'm always down for meeting new friends, and of course a little off-road adventuring.

EisenYota

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingston Springs TN
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Eisenmenger
Member #

Welcome fellow Yota enthusiast. The Nashville Area has a group heading over to Land between the lakes the weekend of 15 Sept. Shouldn't be that long of a drive for youu. You should try to make the trip.

RevJackDaniel

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Elizabethtown, KY
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Howdy Neighbor.

I’m just down in Etown.

After years of dreaming...and way too many times getting 2 wheel drive vehicles stuck in places I should have never tried to take them...I and finally getting started with some real Overlanding potential.

My rig:
Stock M1009 CUCV (Military 86 K5 Blazer)
She (@goodolGertie) runs good. Done a few logging road and backroads and I haven’t been disappointed so far, but will need some gear before I can get too aggressive.

IMG_1760.JPG

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Next mods will be lights, winch, and swing out tire carrier as well as outfitting the interior more. Any input on building that carrier will be greatly appreciated haha.

GREAT RIG! Welcome to Overland Bound!!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Love to see other Kentuckians join up. I’m from Lexington, now living in central FL. Def missing the opportunities up there. If you’re ever in my neck of the swamp, hit me up for tacos and a cold one. Great Rig! Ride safe.

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew! Hope you have a bunch of fun adventure! Along with todos & beer!

RevJackDaniel

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Elizabethtown, KY
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Love to see other Kentuckians join up. I’m from Lexington, now living in central FL. Def missing the opportunities up there. If you’re ever in my neck of the swamp, hit me up for tacos and a cold one. Great Rig! Ride safe.
Thanks. For sure.