Hi all from Nova Scotia, Canada

• HTML tutorial

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Just wanted to drop a quick hello to all. I've been eyeing the forums here for awhile but just recently jumped in.

About me, overlanding is a hobby we do our best to fit in when we can. I used to go at it when I was younger, but I have a young family now so adventuring has morphed a bit. I'd say I'm on the low end of intermediate at this point. I currently run a '12 Jeep JK with minor mods and a home built off road trailer with RTT. Looking forward to learning more on these forums and embarking on some bigger treks!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Just wanted to drop a quick hello to all. I've been eyeing the forums here for awhile but just recently jumped in.

About me, overlanding is a hobby we do our best to fit in when we can. I used to go at it when I was younger, but I have a young family now so adventuring has morphed a bit. I'd say I'm on the low end of intermediate at this point. I currently run a '12 Jeep JK with minor mods and a home built off road trailer with RTT. Looking forward to learning more on these forums and embarking on some bigger treks!!

Hey Roam Wild - welcome to the forums!

Always great to see more Maritime Canadians joining up. There are a few of us from the states that are thinking about coming up and exploring NB and NS, and timing, I guess, will depend on who joins in. I know I'll be going up sometime this Spring and Summer to revisit a lot of places I've been to before; a lot of them up on Cape Breton and PEI. I'm contemplating a trip to St John's Newfoundland, as well, and whether or not that will be part of a much longer cross-Canada trip will depend on some work I'm getting done to my van out west.

Good looking trailer! You'll have to check out the Overland Trailers and Overland Do It Yourself Projects boards and fill us in on your design choices and construction methods.

Poke around, there's a ton of info here of all sorts and quite a wide variety of skill and experience among members.

Let us know if you have any questions or need anything,

Road

Reactions: Roam Wild Overland

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Roam Wild Overland

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Welcome to OB! Great if the whole Fam is onboard with overlanding/camping!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to the insanity!!!

Reactions: dolli310

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

Hey,

I live in Dartmouth and am trying to get into overlanding, not much for resources it seems most people just go bogging in Scotia. Have you found many good spots to check out?
I just hop on Google Maps and looks for dirt roads/trails, then drive out. If it's not gated, signed or on private land I'll go for it. Don't tear the place up and pack out your trash.

The mud here is perfect for bogging. Never been my cuppa tea, parts break too easily.