Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Ok, as most of you know we love our Jet tent 25x by Oztent. Now Oztent makes a less expensive version of the 25x that utilizes the same basic hardware.. After our last camping trip I unpacked the tent and set it up to dry out. As I inspected it before packing it in I noticed one of the little double springs that are used to snap the exo-frame upright and hold it in place had broken. I contacted the eastern distributor and they have no way nor any knowledge of how to obtain spare parts for the Jet tent line. We have had the tent now for 4 years and I dare say upwards of 120 nights sleeping in the tent. I know it is way out of warranty> I'd just like to be able to purchase the springs.... Oztent USA out of Salt Lake doesn't return my calls, and another distributor in the PNW doesn't have a clue either. ... I can probably fabricate my own by piecemealing a couple of springs together but why do that if I can simply purchase the correct springs? I'm hoping, on the outside chance that an Oztent representative see's this post and can offer up some advice.

Reactions: Homeguy

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Wow,,, Just wow, I received a telephone call this evening from Marky at Oztent Australia. They are sending me a new spring. It took me a bit of digging, to find the correct email address in the land of Oz, and I didn't have any expectations, however, they are shipping me a new spring. Just like that... This is simply over the top service way after the warranty had expired. I just wanted to purchase the springs, but they are on their way, no charge, no nada... Oztent is a top notch company. Period..

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

Very glad to hear you were able to get a response. It’s my understanding that the US support is almost nonexistent. Phone calls and email often go unanswered.
It’s good to know they stepped up and offered some customer service in a time when it is uncommon.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Glad you got it sorted. When I saw their office was in Salt Lake, I was about to offer to go get the part you needed in-person.
Well. I gotta tell ya, Salt Lake responded only once with, we'll get back to you as soon as we can. They also never returned my calls. Soooo, I emailed headquarters. It was a nice fanboy letter, I even sent a link to my short review of the tent. I offered to purchase 4 of the springs. Then gently suggested that maybe the Salt Lake boys may need a boot up their collective arses. All in good humor and with a smile on my keyboard. It worked and hopefully we'll have the time to visit the guys from down under when we go to the land of OZ..

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Wow,,, Just wow, I received a telephone call this evening from Marky at Oztent Australia. They are sending me a new spring. It took me a bit of digging, to find the correct email address in the land of Oz, and I didn't have any expectations, however, they are shipping me a new spring. Just like that... This is simply over the top service way after the warranty had expired. I just wanted to purchase the springs, but they are on their way, no charge, no nada... Oztent is a top notch company. Period..
Because of the difficulty and solution you received, could you update your post here with the Australian/New Zealand contact info? This will help others who might run into similar problems. THX