Launch Member

Member I

Benton, AR, USA
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Floyd
Member #

Hey y'all. I am a very inexperienced novice from central Arkansas. Just learning about this awesome lifestyle. I am married and have 3 kids and no rig as of yet, looking for one that will fit all of the family in. Looking forward to learning a lot. Thanks for having me.

Reactions: CTO1Mike

Beer Hounds

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakeville, MN, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Pettit
Member #

Welcome from NW Arkansas. Our 4Runners have fit our family and dogs well for several years on and off road. Look up the Rendezvous in the Ozarks in October at Bryd's.

tchughes

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Central Arkansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

Welcome @DaneFloyd, your pretty close to some good trails in the Ouachita National Forest. Once you have the rig reach out and I can send some routes that are close and great for a day run with the family. The area around Lake Winona is great for cutting your off-Roading teeth and getting to know your rig.

Reactions: DaneFloyd

DaneFloyd

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Benton, AR, USA
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Floyd
Member #

Welcome @DaneFloyd, your pretty close to some good trails in the Ouachita National Forest. Once you have the rig reach out and I can send some routes that are close and great for a day run with the family. The area around Lake Winona is great for cutting your off-Roading teeth and getting to know your rig.
I was looking at the Ouachita National Forest maps yesterday. We used to live in Mena, and were thinking of making a trip back there to show the kids. And do some driving while we were there.

tchughes

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Central Arkansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

I was looking at the Ouachita National Forest maps yesterday. We used to live in Mena, and were thinking of making a trip back there to show the kids. And do some driving while we were there.
That area would be great, I had a trip planned for that area but had to cancel so I haven't had the pleasure but hear great things. Heading west from Hot Springs on over to OK (just south of Mena) is the Trans-Ouachita trail which is what I planned to run.

Reactions: DaneFloyd

DaneFloyd

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Benton, AR, USA
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Floyd
Member #

That area would be great, I had a trip planned for that area but had to cancel so I haven't had the pleasure but hear great things. Heading west from Hot Springs on over to OK (just south of Mena) is the Trans-Ouachita trail which is what I planned to run.
That is a beautiful country out that way. What map/app/pic is that from?

tchughes

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Central Arkansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

That is a beautiful country out that way. What map/app/pic is that from?
I do my planning in Google maps and save as a gpx for MotionX on the iPad. This is a link to my saved route in Google Maps. I have a Gaia account but haven't had a chance to try the route planning option in it yet.

Frankie

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fort Smith, AR
First Name
Frankie
Last Name

Welcome from Fort Smith! :-) I have 3 kids and drive a Land Cruiser... it’s got plenty of room and great for our Overlanding platform.
Check out the Ozarks... they are the place. We will have a huge event next weekend at Rendezvous in the Ozarks. Check that out if you get a chance!

TNjohn

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Kingston, TN, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Caudle
Member #

Hey Dane, my family is in your area. I grew up in Traskwood, AR. My Mom is retired from Benton State Bank(aka Regions). I'm in East TN living but much of the family is still in Traskwood.