Resolved HELP - Does this app work on Android devices?

• HTML tutorial

SimplyLesa

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Witch Well, Arizona
First Name
Lesa
Last Name
NeSmith
Member #

I feel very frustrated! I keep trying to make this app work on my Android devices and never can do it. I just got a new Chrome Book laptop and it still is frustratingly not working correctly - I assume the font and stuff is NOT suppose to be huge and I should not need to scroll side to side to view anything.... Can I get a little help here?
I so wanted to be part of the overland community but it's been months and I still can't get this to work. On my Andriod phone I have to disable the screen position because it's landscape and then I can't view full pages... here on this laptop its a wierd view and I cannot navigate pages...I finally found a way to type this ... but I can't edit my account, I can't search forums

SimplyLesa@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
@Michael

Ok let me elevate this and get you some help. But lets get info, So Android is the APP, have you tried this website on it? Any difference? On the Chrome book, are your trying the App or this site or both?
What version is the App?

Jim

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael

Ok let me elevate this and get you some help. But lets get info, So Android is the APP, have you tried this website on it? Any difference? On the Chrome book, are your trying the App or this site or both?
What version is the App?

Jim
Responding to Lesa at the email address she provided.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I feel very frustrated! I keep trying to make this app work on my Android devices and never can do it. I just got a new Chrome Book laptop and it still is frustratingly not working correctly - I assume the font and stuff is NOT suppose to be huge and I should not need to scroll side to side to view anything.... Can I get a little help here?
I so wanted to be part of the overland community but it's been months and I still can't get this to work. On my Andriod phone I have to disable the screen position because it's landscape and then I can't view full pages... here on this laptop its a wierd view and I cannot navigate pages...I finally found a way to type this ... but I can't edit my account, I can't search forums

SimplyLesa@gmail.com
Email copied here for complteness:

Hi Lesa,

It's Michael from Overland Bound. I'm responding in regard to the difficulty you are having with the app and website. Here is a copy of your post in our forums:

Yes, that can be very frustrating! I'd like to help quickly if I can.

You mentioned an app, and a Chrome Book.

We have two things:
  • An app called Overland Bound One which should work on an Android Mobile device (unless it is very old), and on an iPhone. It will also work on some tablets.
  • We also have a website, which should work on most browsers, including mobile browsers.
The app will not work on a laptop at all. Our website at overlandbound.com should.

In order to help, can you provide the exact device you are having trouble with, and the version of software you are trying to use?

For example,
Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Android Version: Android 9 Pie
Overland Bound Version: 11.1.0.1216

If you are having really bad trouble with the app - you might not be able to get that version number in the app here:

1639937105760.png
But you should be able to get it from the store you downloaded it from.

Thank you!

I hope to be able to help.

Best,

Michael

SimplyLesa

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Witch Well, Arizona
First Name
Lesa
Last Name
NeSmith
Member #

Email copied here for complteness:

Hi Lesa,

It's Michael from Overland Bound. I'm responding in regard to the difficulty you are having with the app and website. Here is a copy of your post in our forums:

Yes, that can be very frustrating! I'd like to help quickly if I can.

You mentioned an app, and a Chrome Book.

We have two things:
  • An app called Overland Bound One which should work on an Android Mobile device (unless it is very old), and on an iPhone. It will also work on some tablets.
  • We also have a website, which should work on most browsers, including mobile browsers.
The app will not work on a laptop at all. Our website at overlandbound.com should.

In order to help, can you provide the exact device you are having trouble with, and the version of software you are trying to use?

For example,
Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Android Version: Android 9 Pie
Overland Bound Version: 11.1.0.1216

If you are having really bad trouble with the app - you might not be able to get that version number in the app here:

View attachment 218330
But you should be able to get it from the store you downloaded it from.

Thank you!

I hope to be able to help.

Best,

Michael

Hello Michael.
I guess I misunderstood and thought we could use the app on tablets (Samsung Tab2) and cellphones (Alcatel - probably too old). When I just last week got a laptop, I tried the OB1 App on that as well - okay, that's a no-go. I am able to get on the web version on this new laptop - I struggled with that on the tablet, probably because of the size. You'd think an OG techie could figure this all out - but some days! Head slap. It's not the only annoyance I have - I got a new power pack/ solar generator - been using similar for years - and my cell phone won't charge on the new one - duh - cords or voltage or something.
I kinda wanted to be able to use the mapping on the road - perhaps switching back to a laptop and web version is the way to go.

phone: Alcarel A502DL Android 8.1.0 (I already deleted the OB1 app)
tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Android 7.0 OB1 10.5.3.0625 --- btw the app on the tablet is actually working better today, I had not tried it in a while

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello Michael.
I guess I misunderstood and thought we could use the app on tablets (Samsung Tab2) and cellphones (Alcatel - probably too old). When I just last week got a laptop, I tried the OB1 App on that as well - okay, that's a no-go. I am able to get on the web version on this new laptop - I struggled with that on the tablet, probably because of the size. You'd think an OG techie could figure this all out - but some days! Head slap. It's not the only annoyance I have - I got a new power pack/ solar generator - been using similar for years - and my cell phone won't charge on the new one - duh - cords or voltage or something.
I kinda wanted to be able to use the mapping on the road - perhaps switching back to a laptop and web version is the way to go.

phone: Alcarel A502DL Android 8.1.0 (I already deleted the OB1 app)
tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Android 7.0 OB1 10.5.3.0625 --- btw the app on the tablet is actually working better today, I had not tried it in a while
Uninstall the app from the Galaxy Tab and reinstall. That is a very old version of the app.

Reactions: Jim SoG

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Lesa let us know how it going with the updated App and info.

Jim

SimplyLesa

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Witch Well, Arizona
First Name
Lesa
Last Name
NeSmith
Member #

I see that you closed this thread - just want to update you guys.
I updated my phone, bought a weBoost OTR Sleek, bought a Chromebook --- gifted the tablet and tossed the old phone!
Just loaded the app on the new phone. I do use Android equipment. I won't know until I use y'all more, how it's actually working. But I am much happier with my signal and upgraded equipment.
Thanks guys for all you do!

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I see that you closed this thread - just want to update you guys.
I updated my phone, bought a weBoost OTR Sleek, bought a Chromebook --- gifted the tablet and tossed the old phone!
Just loaded the app on the new phone. I do use Android equipment. I won't know until I use y'all more, how it's actually working. But I am much happier with my signal and upgraded equipment.
Thanks guys for all you do!
Awesome! Please let us know! We update about every 2 weeks. It improves quickly!

Reactions: SimplyLesa