Hello Overland Bound Family - Newbie Member Here!

• HTML tutorial

StevieB93

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Morgan Hill, CA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Araujo
Member #

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new member and just joined over the weekend.

Growing up in single parent home, my desire to be outdoors started as a young boy. When I was a teenager, I saw my first beautiful removeable hardtop 4Runner (1983), where I decided I'd one day buy a 4Runner. A few years later, while working for a friend in Oregon, I beheld with my very 2 eyes, this majestic 40 series TLC (Green with white roof) and also decided I one day wanted a 40 Series TLC. When my first child was born, (2000), I bought a 4Runner in 2001. My search for adventure kindled, newly married and not alot of money. Adventure on hold, but many wonderful family experiences were had. :-)

In September 2018, I stumbled upon a magnificent TLC Haven, meeting a new friend named Ronnie and discovering that TLC's were not hard to find parts for as a friend once told me! I struggled with the urge to not buy a 40 Series and instead bought an 80 series, due to practicality and having a family. I couldn't be happier with it!

I started watching Michael's videos late last year and lots more since then. After all my research and video triaging for adventure, I felt this was the place for my family and I to learn and receive wisdom for years of adventure to come.

I'm looking forward to this opportunity to meet and greet with like minded adventurists. Expedition, here we come!

Please find a photograph of my very first adventure (attached) at Kavanaugh Ridge, near Lee Vining, California.SierraTripRigShot_Kavanaugh Ridge.png
(Photo courtesy of my friend, Michael Routh, at dreamchaserondemand.com)

Thank you kindly,

The Araujo Family

pokerdawg

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles
Member #

Welcome!! Also grew up in a single parent home and the strong desire to be out camping. I also happen to have an 80. Cheers!

StevieB93

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Morgan Hill, CA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Araujo
Member #

Thank you @pokerdawg! I hope we can meet somewhere in the middle sometime.

FYI - I just finished my DIY bed in the back, enabling me to break it down, keeping my middle row intact, on my 93'. It is awesome. If anyone is interested, I used this video, with a couple of tweaks.
I gave the dimensions for my TLC to Bob's Foam Factory in Fremont, CA and he was able to cut it to 71 x 54. I hope this helps!

I have found that like @Michael, I too am ok with just using an ice chest for now. :-)

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello Everyone,

Growing up in single parent home, my desire to be outdoors started as a young boy. When I was a teenager, I saw my first beautiful removeable hardtop 4Runner (1983), where I decided I'd one day buy a 4Runner. A few years later, while working for a friend in Oregon, I beheld with my very 2 eyes, this majestic 40 series TLC (Green with white roof) and also decided I one day wanted a 40 Series TLC. When my first child was born, (2000), I bought a 4Runner in 2001. My search for adventure kindled, newly married and not alot of money. Adventure on hold, but many wonderful family experiences were had. :-)

In September 2018, I stumbled upon a magnificent TLC Haven, meeting a new friend named Ronnie and discovering that TLC's were not hard to find parts for as a friend once told me! I struggled with the urge to not buy a 40 Series and instead bought an 80 series, due to practicality and having a family. I couldn't be happier with it!

I started watching Michael's videos late last year and lots more since then. After all my research and video triaging for adventure, I felt this was the place for my family and I to learn and receive wisdom for years of adventure to come.

I'm looking forward to this opportunity to meet and greet with like minded adventurists. Expedition, here we come!

Please find a photograph of my very first adventure (attached) at Kavanaugh Ridge, near Lee Vining, California.View attachment 175125

Thank you kindly,

The Araujo Family
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

www.overlandbouforums/
https://

www.overlandbound.com/
forums/forums/overland-bohttps://und-meetups.24/
forums/overland-trip-nd.com/

Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @PapaDave or me, your Regional Director, @Narbob.

Reactions: StevieB93

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Steven
Hello Everyone,

Please find a photograph of my very first adventure (attached) at Kavanaugh Ridge, near Lee Vining, California.View attachment 175125

Thank you kindly,

The Araujo Family
Hi Steven

That’s a great looking rig! Welcome, glad you are here! I just went to Death Valley with 17 rigs and one member was from Morgan Hill. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be November 8th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information. It is a bit of a drive and I’m working on trying to get a south San Jose meet up in place, but for now there’s the Pleasanton one.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Some photos of our trip last weekend
ECE5F498-F288-4288-BC8E-2E4D5CBE6C97.jpegD9B1D643-F61C-4083-8A21-E7D157298D58.jpegA62CFB0C-7D95-4B81-BE2E-B6FE18625D63.jpeg5FEDDF38-F85D-44DF-9B79-4214F58867B8.jpeg

StevieB93

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Morgan Hill, CA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Araujo
Member #

Hi Steven

Hi Steven

That’s a great looking rig! Welcome, glad you are here! I just went to Death Valley with 17 rigs and one member was from Morgan Hill. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be November 8th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information. It is a bit of a drive and I’m working on trying to get a south San Jose meet up in place, but for now there’s the Pleasanton one.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Some photos of our trip last weekend
View attachment 175148View attachment 175149View attachment 175150View attachment 175151
Hello Dave,

Thank you, I love my first rig and the memories already created with the family! :-)

The photos are great and thank you for sharing. If you'd like, please connect me, give my information to the Morgan Hill folks and I'm happy to meet with them. I'd definitely love to meet up in Pleasanton, but Sunday's are not really doable for me, since those are my family days. :-(

I'll definitely be on the lookout for other times.

Thanks!

~ Steven

Reactions: PapaDave

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

Thank you kindly,

The Araujo Family
Welcome to Overland Bound Araujo Family
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course