Maya
Last Name
Roza
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7LZR
Hello,

I'm Maya (@syncro_de_maya on IG.)

From the Vancouver BC area and fairly new to overlanding/offroading. I've been into VW's my whole life and have had several over the years.

This is my first offroading rig, a 1989 VW Syncro Doka that I imported from Finland about a year and a half ago. His name is "Tobias Fumeke" in reference to Tobias from Arrested Development, since he "blue" himself on his first major trip last summer (head gasket blew.) Since he blue himself, we've swapped in a newer engine a 2003 VW TDI (AGR) engine. It has a lot more getup and go and so far been going strong.

I'm excited to go on new adventures with Tobias and this community!

Reactions: Jedi and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello,

I'm Maya (@syncro_de_maya on IG.)

From the Vancouver BC area and fairly new to overlanding/offroading. I've been into VW's my whole life and have had several over the years.

This is my first offroading rig, a 1989 VW Syncro Doka that I imported from Finland about a year and a half ago. His name is "Tobias Fumeke" in reference to Tobias from Arrested Development, since he "blue" himself on his first major trip last summer (head gasket blew.) Since he blue himself, we've swapped in a newer engine a 2003 VW TDI (AGR) engine. It has a lot more getup and go and so far been going strong.

I'm excited to go on new adventures with Tobias and this community!

Hello Maya and welcome to the OB crew....great looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures.

Reactions: Jedi

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello from just 30 minutes south of you (plus border time)! Welcome to the forum.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign