Hello from The San Fernando Valley

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

SFV
image.jpg 89596596-279F-4098-9FF3-54AF171D4F43.jpeg
Hello and thanks to all here. I grew up in rural central Missouri with my nearest neighbors an mile away. I learned how to fish, to hunt, conservation principles, and most of all a love for the outdoors.
Most of my earlier memories are all outside. “Town” was about 30 miles away and I only got to go maybe once a week. My uncle had an old 70’s Chevy 4x4 I helped him work on. This created in me two things, first a love for the automobile and second the love of off-roading.
Around the time I turned 12 my future brother in law was given a rail buggy by his father. This thing was cool let me tell you. All air cooled VW and super simple. We must of rebuilt that thing ten times over the years. This created the love for VW.
Now life happens as we all know and I’ve been all over the world and done a lot of things that have ended me up in SoCal. I’ve been feeling the call to get back to my outdoor off-road roots. The need for nature has went from a small pull to an outright tug.
I purchased a 1968 VW Bug Class 11 project car and am in the process of building the engine and designing the roll cage and roof rack with Overlanding as my direction. While I’m just getting started it’s really awesome to have this pool of knowledge and experience to pull off of as I build my Overland Baja Bug.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 45507 View attachment 45504
Hello and thanks to all here. I grew up in rural central Missouri with my nearest neighbors an mile away. I learned how to fish, to hunt, conservation principles, and most of all a love for the outdoors.
Most of my earlier memories are all outside. “Town” was about 30 miles away and I only got to go maybe once a week. My uncle had an old 70’s Chevy 4x4 I helped him work on. This created in me two things, first a love for the automobile and second the love of off-roading.
Around the time I turned 12 my future brother in law was given a rail buggy by his father. This thing was cool let me tell you. All air cooled VW and super simple. We must of rebuilt that thing ten times over the years. This created the love for VW.
Now life happens as we all know and I’ve been all over the world and done a lot of things that have ended me up in SoCal. I’ve been feeling the call to get back to my outdoor off-road roots. The need for nature has went from a small pull to an outright tug.
I purchased a 1968 VW Bug Class 11 project car and am in the process of building the engine and designing the roll cage and roof rack with Overlanding as my direction. While I’m just getting started it’s really awesome to have this pool of knowledge and experience to pull off of as I build my Overland Baja Bug.
Hi Ken and welcome to OB! Nice looking Bug! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Ken Cunningham