Hello from the Bay Area

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Nor Cal
Hello all,

My name is Jennifer, from Alameda, Ca. I thought I would join to see if I could get any advice on what would be the best option for me in a tent.

I honestly do not want to buy a tent for my truck bed and waste the money. I rather buy a good quality tent for my truck.

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado with a 5 ft8 bed. I would like a tent that I can use above my truck bed. Still use the bed for cargo.

I've been looking on instagram for tents that other truck owners have. Another reason why I thought I would join here.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Jennifer, from Alameda, Ca. I thought I would join to see if I could get any advice on what would be the best option for me in a tent.

I honestly do not want to buy a tent for my truck bed and waste the money. I rather buy a good quality tent for my truck.

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado with a 5 ft8 bed. I would like a tent that I can use above my truck bed. Still use the bed for cargo.

I've been looking on instagram for tents that other truck owners have. Another reason why I thought I would join here.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Hello Jennifer and welcome to the OB crew....nice rig and looking forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Now as far as a roof top tent goes....you'll need to decide on what rack system to platform it on. There's a lot of them in all different price points. Once you get that chosen you're going to have the same choice to go through with the tent. I run a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Trd with a 5.5 ft. Bed. I went with a Smittybilt Overlander tent that I got on Amazon because I wanted have a tent and not break the bank. Rates well and roomy. It's all about personal choice and needs. You can search many threads here and look online for well built and rated tents.

OnlyTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley CA
Member #

Welcome to the forum. I agree with Chadlyb. You’ll need to figure out what rack system you’ll utilize first. How big of a tent are you looking for? They have various sizes ranging from 2-4 people. Basically a full size mattress to a queen size.

And then there’s a matter of price. Do you have a budget in mind?

Reactions: Chadlyb

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

Thanks,
Jennifer
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #