Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m stoked to be a part of this community. I’ve always loved nature since I was a kid in the Philippines.
This is what started it all for me, my 85 Westy.
View attachment 75307
Long story short, we had to part ways and got something a little more reliable; 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
View attachment 75308
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: OutOfStep

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I’m stoked to be a part of this community. I’ve always loved nature since I was a kid in the Philippines.
This is what started it all for me, my 85 Westy.
View attachment 75307
Long story short, we had to part ways and got something a little more reliable; 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
View attachment 75308
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and nice set up. Love the Westy. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R
Thanks Kent, I appreciate that, good looking out. Stoked to meet some new friends

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Thanks man, nice Taco as well! And yea I miss my Westy from time to time, but time for new adventures with the Taco :]
Thank you...still working on her. Lots of mods still in the box waiting to be installed. You won't be disappointed with where your Toy can go and what it can do. Your set up is super similar to mine.

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

Thank you...still working on her. Lots of mods still in the box waiting to be installed. You won't be disappointed with where your Toy can go and what it can do. Your set up is super similar to mine.
That’s awesome! Yea I hope not, she’s my first taco but not the first Toyota. All her camping gear are good to go. Performance wise, planning to get her some suspension lift hopefully soon or when tax season hits lol

Reactions: Chadlyb

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

View attachment 75322 Fabtech....remote reservoir front and back....4 inch. Had to add a leaf to springs. Thank you. She makes me smile and is a labor of love.
Wow very cool! That makes me more stoked to get my set up. I’m looking at Icon suspension, but just doing a 2” to 2.5”suspension lift. still don’t know if I’m gonna have a reservoir system though, I wont be needing it for what I’m doing but I’m sure it doesn’t hurt to have one.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Wow very cool! That makes me more stoked to get my set up. I’m looking at Icon suspension, but just doing a 2” to 2.5”suspension lift. still don’t know if I’m gonna have a reservoir system though, I wont be needing it for what I’m doing but I’m sure it doesn’t hurt to have one.
I drive a lot of gravel and dirt roads with lots of washboard in them. Reservoir just keeps them cooler while they work harder.

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

I drive a lot of gravel and dirt roads with lots of washboard in them. Reservoir just keeps them cooler while they work harder.
Makes sense. I’m a diesel mechanic for the navy, and that just reminds me of how Diesel engines or any engines period, like to be cooled, its good for it. Lol. I will keep that in mind. My taco is also my daily driver, I’ve been doing beginner trails and just some light over landing, but i know I’m gonna be doing some hard trails one of these days, might as well be ready for it

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Makes sense. I’m a diesel mechanic for the navy, and that just reminds me of how Diesel engines or any engines period, like to be cooled, its good for it. Lol. I will keep that in mind. My taco is also my daily driver, I’ve been doing beginner trails and just some light over landing, but i know I’m gonna be doing some hard trails one of these days, might as well be ready for it
Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. U.S. NAVY veteran myself. Mine is a daily driver. I'm just ready for anything. I don't beat on her at all. She is very reliable. And probably the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven on long distance trips. Used to take naps in her at lunch time at my old job.

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. U.S. NAVY veteran myself. Mine is a daily driver. I'm just ready for anything. I don't beat on her at all. She is very reliable. And probably the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven on long distance trips. Used to take naps in her at lunch time at my old job.
Oh wow, thank you for your service! What was rate if you don’t mind me asking? Even the 3rd gens are comfortable too, i come to base early in the morning and sleep in the truck til i have to muster. I still have yet to take a long distant trip. I’m planning on attending and making a trip to Overland Expo next year in Arizona

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Oh wow, thank you for your service! What was rate if you don’t mind me asking? Even the 3rd gens are comfortable too, i come to base early in the morning and sleep in the truck til i have to muster. I still have yet to take a long distant trip. I’m planning on attending and making a trip to Overland Expo next year in Arizona
Thank you. ....appreciated. 20181108_200607.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

No way! I’m an engineman, but I’m on an MCM DET or Mine Detachment crew, and i work with a bunch of MNs
That's pretty sweet....most have no idea what that rate is or what we do. I served from 91-96. Souda Bay Crete, Greece was my first tour. Spent 3 months in Sigonella Siciliy putting a million tons of underwater mines back into maintenance cycles and into magazines. Spent the rest of the time in Seal Beach at the NWS. Worked with EOD out of Pt Magu and San Diego.