Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6FWD
Hey all...I jumped the gun and posted in another location before here! I am not new to the 4x4 world but somewhat new to the Overlanding world. I have wheeled/camped the Rubicon Trail 8 times so that's kinda overlanding right?! I have owned my Jeep since new...a 1990 YJ and it has been completely touched except for the 4-banger which will soon be replaced by the Cummins R2.8. My "New" Overlanding vehicle is a 2000 Dodge RAM 2500 which I purchased in late 2000 as an almost new truck. Over the years it has had numerous camper shells, RTT, and a pop-up slide in camper . We sold the slide in camper to get an RV due to growing family. I have missed the slide in since as it gave more freedoms the RV cannot. About 3 years ago I decided to build my own truck camper...just to see if I could. I believe it was a success and I have wheeled and camped out of it around the west. I have wheeled it over Imogene Pass and the surrounding trails in Colorado to the deserts and mountains in Southern and Central California. The current state of the camper is the shell is complete, all metal construction, insulated, interior walls and ceiling in place. I have placed a Camco heater on the wall, and in the front corner is an on board air compressor with my frig placed over the top to save space. Soon to happen will be custom cabinets next to the frig, and custom sleeper sofa. Most of my inspirations have come from others in forums like this. Good to be aboard here...see you on the trails!

Attachments

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey all...I jumped the gun and posted in another location before here! I am not new to the 4x4 world but somewhat new to the Overlanding world. I have wheeled/camped the Rubicon Trail 8 times so that's kinda overlanding right?! I have owned my Jeep since new...a 1990 YJ and it has been completely touched except for the 4-banger which will soon be replaced by the Cummins R2.8. My "New" Overlanding vehicle is a 2000 Dodge RAM 2500 which I purchased in late 2000 as an almost new truck. Over the years it has had numerous camper shells, RTT, and a pop-up slide in camper . We sold the slide in camper to get an RV due to growing family. I have missed the slide in since as it gave more freedoms the RV cannot. About 3 years ago I decided to build my own truck camper...just to see if I could. I believe it was a success and I have wheeled and camped out of it around the west. I have wheeled it over Imogene Pass and the surrounding trails in Colorado to the deserts and mountains in Southern and Central California. The current state of the camper is the shell is complete, all metal construction, insulated, interior walls and ceiling in place. I have placed a Camco heater on the wall, and in the front corner is an on board air compressor with my frig placed over the top to save space. Soon to happen will be custom cabinets next to the frig, and custom sleeper sofa. Most of my inspirations have come from others in forums like this. Good to be aboard here...see you on the trails!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Awesome rig and interesting build.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

US West - San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @FrankRoams, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: FrankRoams

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice rig and setup. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: yj4roks